• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 570 SIMPLY STUNNING

Soldato
I've had a gtx570 for a few month's now and quite recently Nibitor 6.0 came out and I've been playing ;)
Totally disappointed that I could not edit the fan settings, save for min and max speed I thought I would see what could be done with the voltages ;)
My card was running 0.912v idle and 0.962 (full 3D)
Dropping the idle voltage to the lowest the bios is happy with is simple, but I wanted to drop the other 3D voltages, I'll just cover the full 3d setting here.

Started lowering the vcore as far as I could go which was to the low 3D vid 0.913v the card was still 100% happy benching Crysis etc, as I could not go any lower on the volts I thought it best to start overclocking the core.
Well by the time I'm up to 800mhz on the core and all is well I'm thinking hang on it can't really be doing this...double checking with other monitoring software etc.. Well it eventually gave up @ 820 on the core !!!, I think that's pretty stunning :eek:

Settled for a 0.925 max vcore, so I can easily up the core to over 800 if I need to without adding any extra volts ;) But on that note except for Crysis the card is so powerful (and I have not got My head around why) in My sandy bridge PC that I don't need to....example F12010 in My old E8600 @4GHZ used to give at the settings I run about 55FPS av this same GTX 570 gives 120FPS av (109 min) sure that game must be very CPU dependent but other 3D benches have scaled incredibly.

Quite sure You could take the other angle and get this card up to near 1ghz and really chase some benchies if You wanted to ;)

Update
Seems I was way overvolting My core :D @ 0.92volts, with the updated bios I could drop the P0 (full3d) power phase voltage lower for testing (P8 phase voltage was limiting me to 0.92v ) ...ready for this

Now running P0 phase (full 3D) at 0.88 volts and it is happy on the core at full load up to 760mhz (I did not try higher as it hurts me to crash components) so My stock 732mhz is 100% solid.
I can't tell You exactly how much the temp it has dropped (as I also have a problem letting my gear run much over 60c) but I would guess stock (near silent auto fan) would have been mid 80c while testing on auto fan it's now mid 70c with the fan only going to 50%.

The full 3D power has dropped about 30watts (that's 2.5amps less on the 12v rail) and of course the performance is identical to stock

I've posted this not to "big up" My card or Nvidia , just because I'm sure it would be of interest to a few of the more discerning Guys out there, and I'm sorry if some of You have GTX570's that need more voltage.
Remember If You want to make Your GTX570's graphics performance increase, Don't reach for the "overclock tab" get the rest of You system up to at least an equivalent 4.4GHZ sandy bridge performance.

I would like to thank Orbmu2k for his fantastic Nvidia Inspector tool http://www.orbmu2k.de/

and Mavke for Nibitor 6.0 http://www.mvktech.net/component/op...temid,26/func,select/id,135/orderby,2/page,7/

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
no doubt the gtx 570 is a good card. Another stunning card would be the 6950. I was only able to unlock mine to a 6970 @ stock 880mhz/5500mhz. plays ffxiv at 9 out of 10 level of detail with 8CSAA Multisampling with frames never dipping below 35 fps in cities and averaging 50-55 overall:) it also cost me £219 the card, couldn't say it is whisper quiet but it never goes above 68C with fan at 40%. EDIT: 1080p ofc

Associate
no doubt the gtx 570 is a good card. Another stunning card would be the 6950. I was only able to unlock mine to a 6970 @ stock 880mhz/5500mhz. plays ffxiv at 9 out of 10 level of detail with 8CSAA Multisampling with frames never dipping below 35 fps in cities and averaging 50-55 overall:) it also cost me £219 the card, couldn't say it is whisper quiet but it never goes above 68C with fan at 40%. EDIT: 1080p ofc

still very nice though;)

Associate
): you guys suck

I recently replaced my broken 570 which got 880 mhz at 1.037

With my new replacement, I need 1.150 to ensure stability at the same clock

Associate
Cythx, what happened to your first one?

That's a nice stock volts you got there Jakus. My stock voltage on the asus card was set at 1.013v at 742 core clock (10 more than reference lol).

At 1.013v stock I can go 790 core 1050 memory tops.

At 1.088v I can go 870 core, 1050 memory.

For 900 core, 1000 memory I need 1.138.

With All the above temps are pretty decent. I adjusted the fan profile so that it sits around 80 degrees with fan around 75%. This is in a p182 case with viper fans all round including the middle intake fan.

Suprisingly, the asus card comes with voltage unlocked all the way to 1.213v at which I have done a few runs of Heaven at 930 core, 1180 memory. But temp was around 85 degrees with fan around 85% which is a bit too loud for me.

Overclocking the memory doesn't produce any noticable gains in Heaven so I kept that low as I can then take the core higher with less volts.

I have settled on 850 core, 1050 memory at 1.063v for me it was the best of temps/fan noise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom