What was your education path?

Man of Honour
I think i may be one of the few people that knew what i wanted to do when i went to uni rather than do something which interests me then go off on a tangent afterward. :)

There's a fair chance this will become more common rather than less as university fees are going to be higher (leaving aside whether the system is fairer now or not).

My route through education so far as been: Standard Grades, Highers, University and now doing CIMA through work. There's been various years working in between and I started a different university course than the one I completed. I am one of those people who is working in a field unrelated to my degree but I wouldn't change that, I've gained valuable knowledge of what I don't want to do as much as I've found out what I do want to do.

Soldato
GCSE's > A-Level (6th Form in same institution) > BEng Computer systems Engineering University Glamorgan Which I dropped out of due to Mathematical Constraints (What the hell is a matrix useful for anyway??!?) 5 Years Management Experience and now looking at Starting a Diploma In Managment and Leadership Via the Brighton School of Business and Management distance learning program . I am now 27 Years old.

Soldato
I was in high school, then went to college and studied a BTEC IT Practitioners course then I went on to get a BA Hons in Internet Technologies & Business. After this I worked for a year at Fujitsu then got made redundant and then got a job in retail just to keep money flowing. Currently doing an MA in Film Production.

Rich

Soldato
That's what I did. I did poorly at A level due to being immature and not taking it seriously enough. Somehow I managed to scrape into uni, I thought I really wanted to be there but in the end it worked out to be exactly what you describe, I just wasn't ready to grow up.

On the flipside to that i was too ready to grow up, feel now that i would have benefited from uni, not nesessacarily (can't spell that) intellectually, but for other reasons. I'm certainly not too old to start now but i've got myself in a comfortable position in a nice job and with partner and child etc so it's not really an option any more :(

Does anyone else feel they treat life as a competition? Always wanting to "get there first" or have better things than others? Never realised until last night but i have been treating it a bit like that, wanting to get further than my mates and have more material possetions, be further in the game of life etc than they are....In my attempt to grow up to fast i've been acting childish the whole time! :(

Soldato
GCSE's -> BTEC General Engineering (I chose a BTEC because I didnt want to go to university afterwards and was looking for something vocational, but changed my mind) -> undergraduate degree in Materials Engineering/Management -> Work.

Back
Top Bottom