Ultima Online free shard - In Por Ylem 2.0

Soldato
"Its good to be the king."

"Well I didn't vote for you"

This king business sounds a bit perculiar. Don't let it go to your head or anything, look what happened to Gadaffi.

Soldato
A tutorial of some kind wouldn't go amiss. I'm currently in a dungeon ponging large rats on the head with a katana. It's dark, I have candles but I don't know how to use them. I'm injured and have bandages but I don't know how to use them!

Man of Honour
A tutorial of some kind wouldn't go amiss. I'm currently in a dungeon ponging large rats on the head with a katana. It's dark, I have candles but I don't know how to use them. I'm injured and have bandages but I don't know how to use them!

Probably keeping faithful to the original by not having a tutorial, seems they are trying to recreate those wonderful days of UO. As above, if in doubt try double clicking.

Associate
Haven't played since my last dabble on TAR many many years ago (was an admin)

Must resist playing this!

Hehehe

Depends when you are talking about... TAR had several restarts during its best times.. I remember all the lava pots and stuff when Black Lords were around.

Used to be in the guild along with Shorty and some other friends... Oh the fun times.. I remember having a house decorated with everyones heads I'd claimed during battles... Great times...

The Damian went and shafted the server up and no matter how many times we begged, he never returned the shard to its previous state when it had like 200 people online at a time...

Associate
Reflect/Protection/Reactive can be stacked
Poisoning and Inscription currently provide no benefits for combat

Two disappointing features.

Healing through poison is enabled

This one is total fail though.

So many of the best aspects of mage dueling in UO centred around the usage of poison blocking heals.

Would love to try it, I knew it was coming up and I dearly miss UO, but I just don't think it'll be the same as it was.

Soldato
Dont spoil the memories...

Like running around flagged grey, in rags and a orc helmet, waiting for some towny in his plate armour and power weapons to take a shot at you... then pulling out your quaterstaff and beating him to death with your 7xGM mace fighting skills :)

Like the wild west of gameplay, anything goes - until they updated it... pah...

Soldato
Use to play on ABC UO shard, infact was a GM, this was probably 7-8 years ago. Bloody loved UO, great PVP. Might be tempted to give this ago. Is macroing allowed? razor etc?

Soldato
Used to love UO

catching noobs out by opening portals to dangerous areas used to make me lol

The Guild/Faction I was in during my time playing UO all got warned/suspensions because we griefed other players and exploited portals. :p

Consisted of of 2 boats and 8 people, We'd have 6 of us on one boat and only 1 on the other. The last one would be the baiter.

Miss those times.

As for this free shard, I'm not even going to bother because they aren't going to use pre-pub16 rules.

Associate
OP
Use to play on ABC UO shard, infact was a GM, this was probably 7-8 years ago. Bloody loved UO, great PVP. Might be tempted to give this ago. Is macroing allowed? razor etc?

Macroing allowed and razor as well.

The Guild/Faction I was in during my time playing UO all got warned/suspensions because we griefed other players and exploited portals. :p

Consisted of of 2 boats and 8 people, We'd have 6 of us on one boat and only 1 on the other. The last one would be the baiter.

Miss those times.

As for this free shard, I'm not even going to bother because they aren't going to use pre-pub16 rules.

What are you on about, the aim of the shard is to capture the feel of the old UO we all loved and I think it's succeeding.

Back
Top Bottom