Rockclimbing!!

Associate
OP
Its always hard to get back in after a lay off in anything. I missed 3 weeks over xmas and my hand stregth just disappeared. I knew I could do it but just couldn't hang on.
Trying in vain now to hold back my desire to buy some evolve optimus primes.

yeah it sucks over the winter period, do you have an indoor wall near you? maybe you could go there once a week/fortnight just to keep up you'r technique and strengh...

Associate
OP
no but bouldering is great for finger strengh no matter inside or outside! how high one climb doesn't make them a good climber. technique and skill are the key elements, i would say, to focus on when climbing indoor.

Enjoy the outdoors and the climb when outside. dont take the same risk's outside as you would inside. it's a lot safer in side than out side.

Caporegime
Went indoor climbing with my ex a few times a while ago and I've done one or two afternoons since but I haven't really done much outdoor climbing since I was about 10.

I think I normally do one or two 6's when I go but normally much around on the mid level ones. I'd love to go more often and start properly but I'm either too lazy or too busy.:p

Associate
Single pitch E1 today on a top rope. God only knows where the hell you were supposed to put pro in.
Led a bunch of Vdiffs and seconded a HVS.
Fun day out but i need a new belay jacket, it was cold cold cold!

Associate
Was up at Sheep's tor on Dartmoor this weekend. Had my 1st off.
Hit the ground like a sack of potatoes, ripped the pro out and landed sort of sitting on my ass, bruised heel, knee grazes and some rope burn.

Associate
Mine was right up to the crash. Led my 1st HS, was trying the VS when it all went wrong.
Then a hike to the tents and a nice BBQ and fire until the early hours.

Associate
Just got my cams purchased! Now gotta wait to see my mum to grab them. Absolute bargin, 2 Dragons for 80 quid, shame its down in Cornwall so I've gotta wait to try them out.

Associate
I got a 2 and a 3 plus as a present mum got a spectre krab, which was unexpected.

Promptly went into my garden to look at the old wall to see if I could try them out but I reckon the wall would've collapsed!
Only have to wait until the week so its cool.

Soldato
Recently started climbing at cardiff in the local indoor place. All good fun and gone probably 8 or so times and can manage 6A or 6A+ top rope, but really struggling with the leading. I am super worried about getting to the top on something tough and pulling up slack then falling, so any tips would be appreciated! :D

Associate
25 is fine, I took it up last yeat and I'm 28 now.
If you'r worried about falling on lead don't, find nice easy over hanging route so you can swing and practise falling off. Just confirm the belayer knows what you are going to do!
Make sure you've got at least 3 quick draws clipped in and not too much excess rope and start dangling!

Back
Top Bottom