Custom Roms

Associate
I've just rooted my desire and put a custom rom on it :D. Now the point being here is, what ROM's do you guys have on your android devices?

Associate
CyanogenMod is very popular, I have been using cm7 rc1 on my nexus one, recently.
changed a few bits personaly in it though, for example the adw launcher that comes default with it, i dont like it, much prefer stock launcher.

Man of Honour
You can control what data android uses, its not an iphone where you have no control, you have ultimate control.

In answer to the OP

Android Revolution HD 3.0 (just flashed, rebooting now)

Soldato
download switchpro, I've got a nice row of toggles accross the bottom of my screen...
data connection : wifi : bluetooth : gps : sreen rotate : brightness : vibrate

When I first had my phone 3 hadn't changed my contract from my previous one with no internet, so i needed to turn the 3g off or it would've cost me a bomb lol

This did the trick very nicely

(also good for stopping ad banner downloads in free games lol)

Oh, and I'm in the CyanogenMOD camp too :)

Soldato
Yep, you can on 3g etc, it's one problem with living in the sticks :/

Biffa, I have turned sync off everything except k9mail and it still randomly uses data (k9 set to 1/2 hours). How else can I control things?

Soldato
I have a normal sim free Desire. Never gone down the rooted path. Is Android Revolution HD 3.0 worth the effort?

Also, are there any noob guides on rooting, that's easy 2 follow?

Associate
Still on stock with my DHD, but gf's wildfire causing major slowdown problems. Interested to know if anyone has had success flashing a wildfire and could recommend something?

Associate
CyanogenMod 7 RC1 here on my Desire HD.

Was one if the first things I did when I got the phone was to read up on XDA Forum and started flashing rom's, never had a problem and would recommend it :)

Back
Top Bottom