WEI lower after fresh install of Win7 x64 on SSD drive!

Associate
My Windows Experience Index has dropped 2 full points (from 7.9 to 5.9) for my primary hard disk since reinstalling Win7 x64.
My drive is a Crucial C300 64GB SSD and I blatted it with HDDErase as per lots of suggestions elsewhere online.
I'm confused, as nothing else on my system has changed :confused:

My SSD has the latest firmware, and I have it in AHCI mode in BIOS.

Can anyone help me explain/fix my WEI drop?

Thanks

Soldato
5.9 is the max a HDD will go to so I suspect the installation hasn't picked up the right drivers for the SSD. What does device manager show and have you installed any specific drivers for the SSD.

Andi.

PS WEI does have it's uses.

Associate
OP
Thanks for quick replies so far :)

Dev Mgr shows a standard MS driver for the drive itself, and an Intel driver for "Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller" version number 9.2.0.1011, i.e. the latest.

Associate
OP
Hmmm, I've now just run CrystalDiskMark and have got scores identical to when my previous installation was giving me 7.9 on WEI for primary disk!
How totally bizarre :confused:

Why on earth is WEI giving such a low mark??

Soldato
Could be worth checking to see if ACHI is actually enabled in Windows, 5.9 is the result I would get with just a regular 1TB drive installed.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SystemCurrent\Control\SetServices\Msahci

Value 3 = off
Value 0 = on

Or just run AS-SSD and if it shows iastor.sys or msachi.sys in the corner, you should be setup for ACHI.

Associate
If you have other non-SSD drives installed, try temporarily disconnecting all but the SSD with the OS and rerun WEI. As 5.9 is max for mechanical drives sounds like Windows is confused.

Back
Top Bottom