What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Cemetery Junction

Steven Merchant and Ricky Gervais directing their first feature film, was not really what I was expecting but it was a nice slow, occasionally funny film. Enjoyed it.

3/5

Soldato
Watched The Fighter at the cinema, very good movie and Bale is excellent again. 8/10

The Wrestler. Quite similar to the above film. Better than I thought it would be. 7/10

Social Network, again better than I thought it would be but glad I only rented it. 6/10

Iron Man 2. Enjoyable, forgettable. 6/10

Soldato
Manga = comic book printed pictorial stories
Anime = animation

I always thought Akira was over rated, I swear it only has the name it does because it's most western peoples introduction to anime.

See akira was one of the laters ones I was introduced to, used to watch Guyver, Dominion tank police, appleseed, legend of the overfiend and a few others like AD police and patlabour but I still love Akira.

KaHn

Soldato
War of the Worlds.

Why did TC shout look at the birds on the alien thing, to the army dude?:confused:
Did TC kill the queen alien then? Freeman suggested bacteria killed them? wtf?

What an awful film. 1/10

Last edited:
Soldato
Last night I watched The Departed. I had heard about it when it was first released and wanted to see it back then, but for one reason or another I never got round to it.

It was a brilliant film packed to the rafters with Hollywood A listers (some admittedly with terrible accents). Of particular note was Jack Nicholson who played a grade nutjob as only he and Anthony Hopkins could. The plot and more twists and turns than a than a bobsled run. You thought you knew what was going to happen next but usually you were wrong.

I would give this film 9/10

Tonight I have justed finished watching The social Network AKA That facebook film. I was pleasantly surprised the character of Zuckerberg was hard to like however the dialogue was very well written and it was pleasing that the actual facebook website etc was a back story.

I can see how it would disappoint people who may have expected something different. I am interested however to see how much of the nastiness and social ineptness surrounding the character of Zuckerberg was exaggerated for effect.

Again 9/10

Now for a nice switch of Movie, the word is not enough, cheesy brilliance.

Associate
Just watched National Treasure - I normally think Cage is a pretty dreadful actor but this actually wasn't bad, in an easy-to-watch sort of way.

No chance in hell the hot blonde would have ended up with him though, christ.

Soldato
War of the Worlds.

Why did TC shout look at the birds on the alien thing, to the army dude?:confused:
Did TC kill the queen alien then? Freeman suggested bacteria killed them? wtf?

What an awful film. 1/10

The birds showed the shields were down :)

And no don't think he killed the queen or anything

KaHn

Soldato
Lady Vengence is currently on C4 HD.

Reminded me that I have yet to watch it and Mr Vengence that have been sitting in my collection for years.

Doh.

Back
Top Bottom