27" 3D Monitors

Soldato
I assume thats rendering 2x960x1080 (or even 960x540) then which is why your not seeing as big fps drop.
well the setting is 1920x1080 @ 60hz in CCC and on the tv.. also switching from 3d to 2d the image quality is the same, as you would know if the res as gone lower as the quality of the image would be poorer.

and i'm using a 1.3v cable and it still works fine... the tv supports 1.4

Last edited:
Associate
well the setting is 1920x1080 @ 60hz in CCC and on the tv.. also switching from 3d to 2d the image quality is the same, as you would know if the res as gone lower as the quality of the image would be poorer.

The way side by side words is each 1080p frame has 2 images in it, one for the left and one for the right, side by side (hence the name) so this means you get half the horizontal rez (960x1080 per eye). For full resolution you need frame sequential, which has 1 frame for the left then 1 frame for the right, but as pointed out, this is currently limited to 24hz at 1080p in hdmi1.4. fine for movies, not so for gaming. If you cant tell the difference then that's great, you get the benefit of faster fps from the reduced rez.

Associate

Hey Gareth, you are the man I neeed to ask!

I have the 40" version of that exact TV on the wall, and the wife has just bought the 46" that you got. I keep delaying swapping them because Im trying to find out if I can use the 40" for 3D, obviously I can now I know you do!

I looked into that IZ3d driver, but i cant seem to get the full version, where did you get it from?

Cheers in advance Gareth!

Soldato
The way side by side words is each 1080p frame has 2 images in it, one for the left and one for the right, side by side (hence the name) so this means you get half the horizontal rez (960x1080 per eye). For full resolution you need frame sequential, which has 1 frame for the left then 1 frame for the right, but as pointed out, this is currently limited to 24hz at 1080p in hdmi1.4. fine for movies, not so for gaming. If you cant tell the difference then that's great, you get the benefit of faster fps from the reduced rez.
from what i read side by side squashes the 2 images then the TV stretches them to the correct ratio to 1920x1080 resolution .

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey Gareth, you are the man I neeed to ask!

I have the 40" version of that exact TV on the wall, and the wife has just bought the 46" that you got. I keep delaying swapping them because Im trying to find out if I can use the 40" for 3D, obviously I can now I know you do!

I looked into that IZ3d driver, but i cant seem to get the full version, where did you get it from?

Cheers in advance Gareth!
http://www.iz3d.com/

Soldato
Happy with the Asus 24" looking at those prices. 3D Vision is awesome. For ages I trolled on 3D movies, but this tech is great. Being able to adjust the depth, convergence etc makes a huge difference to four eyed buggers like me.

For the level of support you get and that even games technically not supported do actually work, you can't beat the nvidia kit for price/performance.

Soldato
I think if I did 'it' again i'd buy a 24'' IPS monitor

Don't get me wrong, 3D has to be the future of gaming, its sooo immersive genuinely

but burnt colours and cross talk really taint the experience

when these issues are sorted, we should embrace 3D cos by then it won't be as gimmicky to be inside the game world

Soldato
My 3D LED Monitor was £300... so 300quid jump from 24-27"?

mukhs11: My GTX480 runs metro2033 maxed with physx and dx11. So try it!

Which model are you referring to that is a £300 jump? Also be aware that all of the 27" 3D monitors that have been announced include some form of integrated and complete 3D solution and that's partly what you're paying for. ASUS, Acer and Samsung have all announced 27" 3D monitors (to be launched in the near future) and LG a cheaper 25" 'Super 3D' monitor - all of which include some form of integrated 3D solution.

Last edited:
Soldato
As is the way of things at the moment they have been confirmed as ‘Full HD’ (1080p). If the resolution was significantly higher (WQHD as you stated) then the cost would become excessive and this would isolate a lot of the potential market. Also you would need one hell of a system to maintain anywhere near 120fps at that resolution with decent eyecandy! :eek:

Soldato
:(

one can dream right :p. 3 of those montors, all in eyefinity 3D.

(all powered by a singe GPU that uses one 6 pin pcie!)

maybe in 10 years.

edit, plus they need to be boarderless OLED.

Soldato
:(

one can dream right :p. 3 of those montors, all in eyefinity 3D.

(all powered by a singe GPU that uses one 6 pin pcie!)

maybe in 10 years.

edit, plus they need to be boarderless OLED.

Borderless..... exactly. I have spastic eyes that always seem to focus on the borders while gaming in surround. No idea why. When 120hz borderless screens come out, I will sell the Mrs into sexual slavery and invest.

Soldato
The monitor I have listed in my sig, while not 27", does a very good job for 3D. Tried both games and movies on it. Got it set up with Nvidea 3D Vision and it works a treat.

Back
Top Bottom