• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2500K And Gaming Problem

Associate
do a quick google search, there are several people having random stuttering issues in games on their new SB builds, so to say its rubbish is harsh, just because lots of people dont have issues, does not mean some setups wont have some. they have also said they have tried a different gfx card to eliminate that, so the 6950 being OC'd would not be the problem.
after a bit of reading, there is an issue with HDAudio, have you disabled that and see if the problem goes?

Just for reference all systems with perfectly working hardware old and new can have problems and do, it may seem harsh but it was being implied the issue is down to Sandybridge cpu's and that is not true.

Eliminating something to test just because it wasn't the reason on someone elses similar issue is not to be advised either. I would always suggest anyone with issues, back everything to stock and check. It's common sense. Not everyone has a winner when they unlock 6950's either.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
How is it with the 6950? (In the interests of nailing what your actual problem was)

I dare not put it back in at the moment mate now everything is fine. Going to put it in the other system and do some more tests with having the 2 new motherboards. Will find out tomorrow and speak to you on teamspeak about it :)

Just for reference all systems with perfectly working hardware old and new can have problems and do, it may seem harsh but it was being implied the issue is down to Sandybridge cpu's and that is not true.

Eliminating something to test just because it wasn't the reason on someone elses similar issue is not to be advised either. I would always suggest anyone with issues, back everything to stock and check. It's common sense. Not everyone has a winner when they unlock 6950's either.

I did set everything back at stock, at last resorts it was looking like it could be a CPU problem but thankfully thats not turned out to be the case.

Back
Top Bottom