Win 7 SP1 gets dated?

Soldato
Sounds like a plan :D Let me know if it fixes it (or not :p).
Well it worked. :) Took a bit longer than I expected with it not being a clean install. Ironically Paint.NET 3.5.8 was released yesterday so I had that ready to install. When I did get back into Windows Paint.NET installed fine but it did take an age to create the system restore. I was just about to terminate the process and try 3.5.7 when Paint.NET decided it was happy with the system restore it'd made and installed fine. FileHippo's Update Checker runs fine and Event Viewer is now working. W00t! :)

Windows Update isn't quite going 100% but I think I can fix it. It's telling me that some updates are failing and I've added the three Windows Update URLs to the allow list so hopefully that'll work. I have a feeling I'll be doing Windows Updates in several goes and not a large single job. Since the repair install took longer than I expected I might leave SP1 for a while until I find any news on whether my problem is fixed, or even just has anyone else had it as well as me. :)

Cheers knowledge123 for your time and advice. :)

Soldato
Awesome news :D Glad to help, it's no skin off my nose :p Except if it blows up later! :o
So it's Saturday. :) I thought I would try SP1 again. And it worked!! I'm guessing the repair install fixed something in Windows that was stopping the SP1 install from working properly. I imagine the problem I had that stopped Event Viewer working was a symptom of whatever was the problem. :)

Soldato
Resolved my Issue :D

With some ace advice from Microsoft Tech Advisors I just disconnected my HDD and it installed with no problem on my SSD. Reconnected the HDD and we're good to go....such a simple fix as well :p

Back
Top Bottom