Website Maintenance Job

Permabanned
I have a job interview for a website maintenance position, I'm not sure what this involves so I thought I would ask here since google didnt come up with anything.

The description I got doesnt say much, just that a knowledge of dreamweaver is required. My dad reckons its about data entry on the private website for the company such as invoices and staff payroll.

But could it actually be a web designer role? Keeping the company public website in check and sprucing it up? Its a fulltime position so Im sure theres more to it than that, so I was hoping someone here would know what this job involves.

Thanks guys

Associate
Surely you should ask them prospective employer what the job entails? You're entitled to ask them questions, aswell as them asking you. Did you apply for this before knowing what the exact role was?

Good look and do your preparation and you'll be fine :)

Soldato
But could it actually be a web designer role?

I doubt it's solely a Web design/developer role otherwise they would have written that. If the job description doesn't also mention stuff like Java, PHP or SQL then it's most definitely not a developer role. But they probably will ask you to "spruce up" their site or change something at some point.

Soldato
Depending on the size of the company it could either be a full blown website maintenance and upkeep type role which would involve some design and development work or if they are a large company it's likely to just be data entry for news/products etc...

Is there no description of the role?

Back
Top Bottom