New cooler on the block!

Soldato
Intel i7 920 @ 4Ghz - full load
9204ghzfullload.jpg

Intel i7 920 @ 4Ghz - full load with my Noctua NHD14 with 1 viper fan at slow speed:

Look like that Ace Modder air cooler beat my air cooler with compare as his was 1.344v while mine is at 1.184v but his temperature are better than mine!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
you could have cleaned my desk for the photos.

i take a week off and all that mess! i only cleaned it last week!

Caporegime
can you fit a full size gfx card with it installed? looks like a good idea if so cos it doubles up as an expansion slot cooler lol

Associate
can you fit a full size gfx card with it installed? looks like a good idea if so cos it doubles up as an expansion slot cooler lol

I don't think you can mount it that way - and doubt you can use it with reaper ocz ram or ram with high clearance issues

Associate
This is certainly an interesting cooler but I wonder how far it could overhang the motherboard on boards with the CPU socket nearer to the front of the PC.

It also looks like a memory upgrade requires it to be removed - any chance of some pictures to show the memory clearance?

Associate
who u talking to ? Ace M or me ?

Ace Modder. I was trying to make a rough comparison between this and my NH-D14. My i7 950 is running at 4.2GHz and using the same voltage as that 920 but my idle temperatures are about 10C higher (although my CPU has speed step disabled so its always at a constant 4.2GHz) and my load temperatures go to upper 70s/low 80s. If those results weren't done in a case then it might explain why the difference is so much.

Back
Top Bottom