New to ssd? not sure what to get?

Associate
Now that the new range of ssd's from intel and ocz are hitting the shelves some of you enthusiasts will already be considering upgrading. The good news for those of us that can't afford them is that the the older ssd's will come down in price. So for me I decided its time to upgrade. Intel and Ocz have some of the best reviews I've seen and for me i'm going for 2 Intel X25-V Value 40GB and putting them in raid0, great value from OCUK @ £74 each. Now I think you guys should see just how good these beauties perform and I found this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg8hs3XcURE

peformance wise I think this is great value for just £150
thats all for now folks :)

Associate
Not that I'll comment much in the way of the choice (C300 being just about £20 more expensive with 33% more space etc), but the drives can be found cheaper. Just need to shop around.

Soldato
Let's just say they aren't great value at all.

For £150 you could have a faster Crucial C300 128GB that would be a better choice however you look at it. The offer is finished now though.

At this price point you might want to have a look at OCZ Vertex 2E 100/120GB. They're much better buy.

Failing that, Kingston SSDNow V 64GB could be had for £77 a week or so ago.

Not a good time to buy a SSD I think.

Last edited:
Associate
i'm on the look out for a c300, but at the moment my budget has taken a bashing and i'm leaning towards 64gb as aposed to my preferred 128gb first choice...

hint hint hint, come on overclockers - give us some ssd deals of the day lol!

Associate
OP
the c300 has more space yeah, but I dont think it performs as good, not easy to find benchmarks for it. I dont need a load of space I have my back up hdd for that. All I need is enough for windows 7 and about 40g to play swtor with when it releases. So for me Intel are the best ssd brand atm so im sticking to my guns on this 1, intel for the quality and peformance, crucial for the size

Last edited:
Associate
Basically the controller is the important bit not the drive manufacturer. The Sandforce controller is probably the most popular right now (SF-1200) and the OCZ Vertex 2E are often recommended. Defo faster than the Intel

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom