The "what do you think of Pink Floyd?" thread

Soldato
I personally think 'A Delicate Sound of Thunder' is one of the greatest live albums of all time - just epic in every way. I've not heard such emotive guitar playing since (possibly not including Stevie Ray Vaughn playing Little Wing)...

Having said that I also thing that Talking Heads 'Stop Making Sense' is also one of the greatest live albums of all time...

Soldato
This thread's gonna get locked when Gilly sees it. :D
They're great. I'm not the biggest fan in the world but I greatly respect David Gilmour as a guitarist.
I quite agree. I don't know much about the other members of PF but I do really admire Gilmour's guitar work.

Fantastic, one of the few bands on my mp3 player that I can truly relax to.
DSOTM is one of a few albums I can listen to on my iPod in bed and know I'll maybe fall asleep to it. :)

Soldato
I like wish you were here,time, comfortably numb and learning to fly...and a few others tbh.

Driving home in the snow at 2am with learning to fly up quite loud in the car was an epic experience. It fitted the mood well at that time.

A guy outside the pub the other night described them at musical masturbation :S

Soldato
I went through a phase of really liking Pink Floyd, but after a while I found them depressing after listening to nothing else for about a year.
I like them in small doses nowadays, although I would say that Dark side of the moon, is one of the best rock albums ever made, both musically and the way it was both recorded and produced.

Caporegime
Have all their albums & plenty of Bootlegs that have taken years of tracking down.

I saw them play @ Live8 back in 05 and am seeing Roger Waters on June 27.

I think I like them.....

Man of Honour
Bump - wow reunion! :D

Pretty gutted I missed it as I'm seeing the wall next week. Did anyone see this? Pretty sure that was your last chance to catch pink floyd :)

Associate
Not my favourite 70s prog band but still fantastic. Piper is sublime, as is everything from Meddle onwards, but the four albums in between are best forgotten about.

Back
Top Bottom