micro sd class importance?

Associate
Im looking to buy a new 16gb micro sd card for my new desire hd. Do any of you have a class 10 card? Does the better class cards improve speed of games/ apps loading up. Is the price worth it? Cheers

Associate
The class system is unreliable at best too with loads of cards not matching the required speeds. Basically ignore the class number and buy a brand you trust, that's basically all you can do

Permabanned
I bought a Sandisk class 6 and the difference over my Sandisk class 2 cards is amazing. Both report correct transfer rates in the SD card tester app and the class 6 is 3 times as fast. Using the gallery is greatly improved and because I used a2sd+ the loading of apps is much quicker as well. So I completely disagree with the posts above - just check the I/O differences of a few cards and the difference is obvious. I would say buy a brand you trust (from a reputable source) and the speed will match the class on the card. I imagine the people above have bought cheap Chinese fakes or something.

I assume the OP has seen that hot deal on a 16gb class 10 card that is going around? I'm thinking of getting one as well.

EDIT: Actually I'm probably being a bit hard on krooton there, some lower class cards are known to transfer higher than their rating suggests but it's by no means a given as all my class 2 Sandisks only transfer 2MB/s whereas my 6 is 6MB/s. Best way is to test the speed and if you're only getting 2MB/s then a class 10 will be a big improvement, assuming the card is for real.

Last edited:
Associate
Thats the key phrase there i think - 'assuming the card is for real'

I would feel happier with a quality class 2, than a cheap class 8 that cost me a fiver from Hong Kong via some auction.

Lum

Lum

Soldato
I've just seen a Lexar branded 32gb class 10 for 40 quid. Anyone know if these are any good?

Just switched from an N900 to an HTC Desire Z. Nice phone but I miss the 32gb storage of the N900. Can the Desire Z even use a 32gb card?

Back
Top Bottom