Ultima Online free shard - In Por Ylem 2.0

Man of Honour
Meh. With the latest update to Guild Wars, I've gotten back into that and its absolutely amazing.

Thats the beauty of the MMO market, always an MMO out there to meet someones tastes. GW is far too restrictive and limited for mine, GW2 might be more to my liking but will still probably be a long way from UOs level of freedom, but at least GW2 seems like more of a step in the right direction.

Permabanned
Yea, i'd like something like UO, but without fees :(

GW2 is looking a lot more open world and persistent with improved combat, however they are taking out what I enjoy the most about GW1 and why I am enjoying it again now, the AI controlled heroes :(

Soldato
UO will always be the best, grandaddy of all MMO's. I've never managed to successfully 'fit' into a private shard though, from experience they all seemed to be packed with reds, which just ruined the entire experience.

The last shard I used was apparently the most popular well known one and everyone was just a red, even my neighbours. Making a living as a crafter was just futile.

That said, the shard seems interesting enough, but there will always be players wanting balance constantly for PvP - and thats what EA/OSI failed to address. I'll think about playing but i'll be a crafter for the most part, if I can even manage to do that.

Soldato
Had a few goes on this, seems to be popular with a few thousand playing according to the server msg

I can't get back into it though, I've forgotten how to do everything and don;t have the patience to re-learn lol

it's been fun just having a wander round for old times sake

Soldato
Best MMO ever in my opinion, before MMOs were watered/dumbed down to appeal to the masses. Sadly though it wasn't just the game but also the people and their attitudes who played it that made it the greatest, and I can't recover those so I'll give this a miss. Stirs great memories though.

i wholeheartedly agree with everything Tombstone has said, it is the best game ever by far!!

Associate
OP
That struck me as being a bit of a weird choice too. Clever timing of poisons were what made duelling and general pvp fun

yes well at the moment the mages are quite buffed compared to the dexxers.
But the shard developers really listen to the people and do quite a bit of modification. Don't forget the shard has been up for 3 weeks or something

Soldato
I might pop on this tonight. Whats the PVP like? There much action? I'm going to have to totally relearn this game!

Soldato
Do you get to choose like, 3 skills that get bumped to like 75 odd or anything that a lot of free shards do?

Back
Top Bottom