The new Orange Android phone (San Francisco) £99...but a Question??

Associate
which one would you lot choose between the SA and the galaxy apollo?

The SF is a better phone for the money mainly due to the higher screen resolution. But the biggest factor for me is the community behind the SF is huge so you don't have to put up with the bloat added by the phone companies as people have released roms that are clean and fast

Soldato
I'm having problems rooting the phone, I enter fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img into command prompt but it says it isn't a recognised command etc. etc., so I dunno what I'm doing wrong :(

Soldato
I'm having problems rooting the phone, I enter fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img into command prompt but it says it isn't a recognised command etc. etc., so I dunno what I'm doing wrong :(

Make sure you change the dir to where the files actually are. By default on Vista/7 it's C:/Users/Administrators I think.

cd.. to go back one step.

Soldato
Make sure you change the dir to where the files actually are. By default on Vista/7 it's C:/Users/Administrators I think.

cd.. to go back one step.

That worked :D, thanks

Edit: Lol, just rebooted it and the Orange logo is blue.. hmm I think somethings gone wrong, after I turn my screen off it won't come back on and it looks all washed out

Edit2: all the Orange apps are gone even tho I've only rooted it (Ive not installed a custom ROM yet)

Last edited:
Associate
That worked :D, thanks

Edit: Lol, just rebooted it and the Orange logo is blue.. hmm I think somethings gone wrong, after I turn my screen off it won't come back on and it looks all washed out

Edit2: all the Orange apps are gone even tho I've only rooted it (Ive not installed a custom ROM yet)

Superboot was only meant for the OLED sanfran phones, you've got a TFT screen and need to use an updated boot image.

hux

hux

Soldato
They're all tft nowadays, the oleds went pretty quick, and orange had a time keeping up with demand.

Im however curious about the zte skate that's coming, a kind of updated blade.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
I use Co-Pilot. Works well. Speed is acceptable. Good interface.

I do prefer TomTom on my HTC Touch 2 though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do any of you guys have signal problems?, mine stays on R a lot after booting it up, also this (and the HTC Desire I used to have) won't go on 3G in the same places my Blackberry Bold and iPhones do

Back
Top Bottom