The new Orange Android phone (San Francisco) £99...but a Question??

Soldato
I just prefer it's customisable options over Handcent. The guy that develops it posts frequently on XDA forums and there are frequent updates in response to his thread on said forums. Basically if a user wants a feature or a change, the Go team implement it within a week or so.

Soldato
Has anyone had problems with the power button stopping working?

I'm pretty sure it's a software problem since I've taken the case off and the button itself looks and feels okay. I'll probably flash to a newer OS soon anyway, but was just wondering if anyone knew of any common issues that would stop it responding. It just ignores 90% of the times I press it...

Soldato
Bought this phone last week, I like it but one thing drives me mad about this phone - it just wont connect via wifi properly with my router.

I'm on my 4th rom! :mad: I've tried the stock rom that came with the phone, Japanese Jellyfish, FLB-Froyo G2 & I'm about to install the MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM R12. The 3rd one connected OK via WPA2 personal once & then refused to do so again on any secured or unsecured connection. The last 2 only wanted to connect on an open connection with mac filtering :rolleyes:

I just want this phone's wifi to work properly without all this faffing about. I had no probs with wifi with my old ipod touch & e71.

Help!

Soldato
How can you judge battery life in such a short space of time?

Normally the battery would have drained quite a lot by the time i posted earlyer, and by now it would be almost down to 15% and ready for charging, today on N19 its still on 48% with wifi on all day, music streamed which i dont normally do, and lots of twitter, ebay checking as it was quiet today.

Soldato
I just want this phone's wifi to work properly without all this faffing about. I had no probs with wifi with my old ipod touch & e71.
Is it just the fact that once you've connected and the phone goes to sleep then it doesn't reconnect? If so, search the market for "ZTE Blade wifi fix" or something like that. Automatically reconnects when you wake your phone up.

Soldato
Bought this phone last week, I like it but one thing drives me mad about this phone - it just wont connect via wifi properly with my router.

I'm on my 4th rom! :mad: I've tried the stock rom that came with the phone, Japanese Jellyfish, FLB-Froyo G2 & I'm about to install the MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM R12. The 3rd one connected OK via WPA2 personal once & then refused to do so again on any secured or unsecured connection. The last 2 only wanted to connect on an open connection with mac filtering :rolleyes:

Help!

Is it just the fact that once you've connected and the phone goes to sleep then it doesn't reconnect? If so, search the market for "ZTE Blade wifi fix" or something like that. Automatically reconnects when you wake your phone up.

This app stops the wifi from sleeping
http://www.appbrain.com/app/advanced-wifi-lock-(free)/opotech.advancedwifilockfree

Or this one just reconnects it when you wake the phone up
http://www.appbrain.com/app/blade-wifi-fix/com.bladewififix

If those don't fix the problem, then check the modaco forum, I recall some people using netgear routers were having a lot of trouble with a similar wifi issue. I think the only fix is to buy a new router (or use WEP? :o)

Soldato
I recall some people using netgear routers were having a lot of trouble with a similar wifi issue. I think the only fix is to buy a new router (or use WEP? :o)

I was having problems with the wifes blade on our wifi which happens to be a netgear 834gt, non of the patches worked, all i did was disable wpa, re enabled it with a different password and it worked, weird but it worked :)

Caporegime
Had a stupid bug with mine this morning.

Alarm went off as usual at 8:00, keys at the bottom would light but screen wouldn't turn on, ended up having to ring the phone to shut it up then take the battery out to get the screen working again.

Grrrr.

Back
Top Bottom