Disgusting Mail article, need to rant...

Soldato
If Video Games and simulations or otherwise seem to show, shooting people has been high on the cool list. People find it fun.

I'm not in agreement with the article nor is it respectful. It is rather distasteful.

Soldato
If Video Games and simulations or otherwise seem to show, shooting people has been high on the cool list. People find it fun.

I'm not in agreement with the article nor is it respectful. It is rather distasteful.

I have a youtube chan full of double/tripple kills... and I'm pretty saddened by the article and the retarded comments on it. Games have no connection with how I feel towards real life incidents.

And a majority of those kills were at a distance of 1,200metres - the longest-range kill being one of Potter's 1,430metres away.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-bullet-new-book-reveals.html#ixzz1GdOByWlx

however that is rather impressive.

Soldato
Its the PR of war! What else do you expect?

I personally don't see anything really wrong with the article, I haven't read the comments because like most comments on things like this on the internet they are made by opinionated people with no knowledge. It's reporting more on the book that is being released and includes info from the book regarding a 'quigley'.

However, if you can't stand the Daily Mail and don't agree with their reporting style, stop posting links to their articles that is going to increase traffic to their site :D

Soldato
I have a youtube chan full of double/tripple kills... and I'm pretty saddened by the article and the retarded comments on it. Games have no connection with how I feel towards real life incidents.

however that is rather impressive.

Nor mine.

Should the media be allowed to glorify death in such a way?

Soldato
Disagree. This is a war at the end of the day, when you are in the field it's them or us.

If your job was to kill people suerly it would be good that you killed 2 people instead of one.

If someone was shooting at you and you killed them would your first reaction be to cry at their loss or be like thank ****. you would no doubt should out "yes, nice one" and would that really make you 'evil'?

I hate the Dailymail but I don't see anything morally wrong with this at all.

blame the poloticians for deciding that the Taliban are the enemy and that we should kill them, not the guy doing his job or the people supporting them.

Last edited:
Permabanned
A mate I went to school with died in Afghanistan, IED got him up so sad, a wasted life and for what, we cant win the battle, what are we still doing in Afghanistan it will be 10 YEARS in October, WW2 was only half that, why are we even there, we cant bring peace, we cant afford it, USSR couldn't do it, lets get out and let them sort it out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10629358

So sad

Soldato
These sort of news reports are pretty standard aren't they? I don't see what is more glorifying about this one than any others that write about how great the British Army (and allies) are.

If you imagine it is an IRA newspaper and replace the Afghans with British soldiers it does make you think twice about it.

Back
Top Bottom