Restaurants in Oxford

Soldato
Hi,

Off to see Rumer at New Theatre Oxford on 26-March, can anybody recommend me a nice restaurant close by?

I'm not really after Pizza Express, Zizzis etc, something a little more upmarket would be good.

HEADRAT

Associate
You will find a lot of the nicer places away from Oxford city itself, however there are a few I could recommend.
Jamies, its a chain, but good food, higher ish prices, Italian.
Oxford Retreat, bistro type pub grub.

If you want to go further afield, let me know so I could tell you some more away from student land that is Oxford.

Soldato
Would a ten minute walk constitue nearby. If so Quod on the High might be agreeable. But most central restaurants are chain like Cafe Rouge, Pierre Victoire etc. Cheap eats on the other hand might find you something more individual like Malak Lai, The Mission or bangers and mash place on Walton St.

Soldato
I've hada lot of success recently with picking things based on the reviews on Trip Advisor been to a few new places and booked tables at places that sounded good in the reviews and have yet to be disapointed.

Man of Honour
For a fast food / american grill type place, Maxwells is tasty, but quite expensive for what it is. I love going there.

Associate
A little further out, Gee's and the Old Parsonage are nice. I would also recommend Al-Andalus on Little Clarendon Street (same as Pierre Victoire) for Tapas and Al-Shami for Lebanese food

Back
Top Bottom