Playing 2 out of 5?

Associate
I got Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers...nothing special but it bring some good sound when I just wan t to listen to music.

Now the problem is for some reason if i play music it only plays on the 2 front speakers. Rear and Center is not producing sound.

I went to the Sound control options and Tested the speakers for surround if they are working or not, and it turned out that once i test every speaker for beeps, all of them worked. But again when i play music it doesn't work.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Associate
the music you are playing isnt in 5.1, it would only be in 2.1.

If you wanted to play it through all the speakers you going to need to use pro logic, or somewhat.

Soldato
i know foobar2000 can convert stereo to 4 channels (preferences>playback>dsp manager). there might be 3rd party components or other media players that can do 5.1.

Associate
OP
i know foobar2000 can convert stereo to 4 channels (preferences>playback>dsp manager). there might be 3rd party components or other media players that can do 5.1.

Tried foobar2000... I can't see this DSP Manager in Playback Preferences...:confused:

EDIT : Stupid of me didn't see the dropdown :D
Thanks a lot but i wanted 4 channels to work even in the browser.

Last edited:
Soldato
Doesn't your on-board audio have some feature which can upmix stereo to 5.1? Just had a look at mine. I don't use on-board audio, and don't have surround speakers, so I can't test it. There is an option called Speaker Fill, which upmixes stereo to surround.

Associate
OP
Doesn't your on-board audio have some feature which can upmix stereo to 5.1? Just had a look at mine. I don't use on-board audio, and don't have surround speakers, so I can't test it. There is an option called Speaker Fill, which upmixes stereo to surround.

Oh yeahh! Thanks a lot mate! it Worked! :p

Back
Top Bottom