What best Music Media player?

Soldato
Winamp?

Im jsut looking for something that when I click on will be my default Music player..I want something light that works well and small on memory, Media player keeps messing up and seems slow...
I have iTunes installed for my devices but dont like it importing everything I clock on..kinda want to keep it seperate, plus its a bit resource hungry.

Associate
Another vote for mediamonkey, does everything I want and more. I'd say its better than winamp as they are both practically the same thing but mediamonkey does more.

Soldato
OP
Controversial but I love iTunes....

I have nothing against iTunes only that its too bloated now, and really only want to use it when updating my overall Library of my music, when randomly clicking thru and listening to a stream or random track ( i produce a lot of stuff so click thru a lot of random files)...i jsut want something light and stable.

Thanks for the inputs...looks like a tos up between Win and Monkey.

Never had Media Monkey so might give it a go.

Umm side question..how do I get rid of Media Player for good?

Associate
Umm side question..how do I get rid of Media Player for good?
You can't, You can only remove it from the list of available programs

It'll be in control panel - Programs and features - Turn windows features on or off. Will vary slightly depending on what windows version you have.

Soldato
been using "mediamonkey" for ages.. love it.

Another vote for mediamonkey, does everything I want and more. I'd say its better than winamp as they are both practically the same thing but mediamonkey does more.
I'll third both the above. :) Fantastic iPod support out of the box. With Winamp I found that its built in iPod support was OK but it was better with the ml_iPod plugin. Got introduced to MediaMonkey by another OcUKer. :cool: Haven't looked back since.

Soldato
OP
lol...not helping mkae a choice lol...wasnt actually going to be using it for the Iphone/ Pad...with Apps and song etc...jsut literally as a background player thats small.

Foobar looks good actually stright forward and nothing fancy....can it handle streaming say off Digitally Imported?

Last edited:
Soldato
Do any of these have decent podcatchers?
Thats the only thing stopping me from migrating from iTunes. It is just so much better and simpler to subscribe and download podcasts than anything else I've tried

Back
Top Bottom