OCUK Rolling Road 11 - Saturday March 19th 2011 - Eurospec, Guildford - Pictures, graphs, discussion

Soldato
Here are my 3 graphs

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

I got told my afr was running slightly lean and should be more around the 12.5-13 area which could see the power going up again

Soldato
You had the best car there. But then this lot are fascinated with BMWs hence all the love for Pete's M5. Granted Princey got some too.

GUYS THERE WAS A GT3 THERE!!! WAKE UP!!!! :p

Just another Porsche innit.

At Scooby: We have had big turn outs at PS RRs actually and they last until about 2pm at the latest.

I recall it being said by various members that it'd be similar time frame, including yourself. I pointed out that with as many cars running as you wanted it would be an all day affair, I was proven right.

It was a great day though and cheers for organising it. :)

Soldato
This is true - can't say I remember there being as many as 25 cars running, but PS really do just put you on, take you off. Don't forget these guys checked everyones oil, tyre pressures, plumbled in AFR and boost gauges, and did 3 runs... but they most definitely could have made more haste. Even when we left they continued to be there doing work on other things, they must be mad.

Soldato
InvaderGIR - Indeed. With the Powerstation RR's I used to organise I remember on at 2 occasions over 20 runners, on both occasions I don't remember us having been at the pub later than 2pm.

Regardless, I lost interest in organising the days after doing about 5 or 6 (can't remember) of them, so I can't really knock anyone else who has stepped up. It's a totally thankless task which usually results in you spending the time at the RR running round trying to work out who is running when, running order going to crap, and people dropping out at the last minute.

Best advice I could give to Kosta or indeed anyone else... for goodness sake run like after like. Running the M3's seperately wasted time having to reset the dyno. Try and group cars together so they can be run faster. It saves significant amounts of time !

Soldato
InvaderGIR - Indeed. With the Powerstation RR's I used to organise I remember on at 2 occasions over 20 runners, on both occasions I don't remember us having been at the pub later than 2pm.

Regardless, I lost interest in organising the days after doing about 5 or 6 (can't remember) of them, so I can't really knock anyone else who has stepped up. It's a totally thankless task which usually results in you spending the time at the RR running round trying to work out who is running when, running order going to crap, and people dropping out at the last minute.

Best advice I could give to Kosta or indeed anyone else... for goodness sake run like after like. Running the M3's seperately wasted time having to reset the dyno. Try and group cars together so they can be run faster. It saves significant amounts of time !

No offence, but do you think I don't know that? I put all the M3s together on the list, but they all showed up at different times and filled in their forms in different orders. That is far from my fault.

I think a lot of you need to stop moaning about what did and didn't happen. I stated time and time again that this would take all day, heck I even quoted an email from Ben at Eurospec stating the same. Everyone was prewarned. Had everyone showed up on time everything would have went to plan. Many a time the lady who worked there was running around trying to find the people who had gone off on test drives etc! Yes they at times took their time putting cars on and off, but they were interacting with us and generally providing good customer service - for us and their customers on the phone. We were there to make a day of it as it was a ROLLING ROAD DAY - so quit your yapping people, next time get your asses out of bed on time and be there on time and things will go to plan!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Many thanks Kosta, great turnout and a great day for my first meet.

I should make more than 60bhp next time as I've got some new carbs going on in the next few weeks and I'm on the hunt for a new cam. I might even chance running on it methanol for the next even as well after you informed me of the benefits.

I'll get my graphs scanned and posted up at somepoint later on today.

Back
Top Bottom