Anyone good at electronics?

Associate
Simple question I hope, (google hasnt helped yet but i may not have typed the right thing)

What i want is to provide +/-12 volts to a circuit i built. I think i'm right in saying that DC power supplies provide only +v and 0v so i wanted to know how to get the -v i need (for op-amps in an audio circuit, i built it for a-level coursework but now want to take it home to use and have no way to power it...)

Think i've come up with one possible solution, set up 24v worth of batteries in series and connect the middle to ground, this would work no?

Associate
OP
thats brilliant :D thanks a lot, think i'll risk trying the bufferless circuit with just resistors, just have to make sure i keep my batteries nice and fresh

Associate
OP
well im taking four inputs into a summing amp, putting the signal through variable filters (one bass cut, one treble cut) and then through a power amp (some chip with a strange collection of fets) and out in one output.

It's basically to save my lazyness, my speakers have one 3.5mm input and i have 4 things i want to run off them, with this system i have all 4 plugged in at once (with switches to turn them on/off) nad some added extras in the tone and volume controlls.

Soldato
well im taking four inputs into a summing amp, putting the signal through variable filters (one bass cut, one treble cut) and then through a power amp (some chip with a strange collection of fets) and out in one output.

It's basically to save my lazyness, my speakers have one 3.5mm input and i have 4 things i want to run off them, with this system i have all 4 plugged in at once (with switches to turn them on/off) nad some added extras in the tone and volume controlls.

Sounds a bit like my second year Uni project. Good luck with getting it powered. :)

Back
Top Bottom