Homefront

Soldato
I liked this for the first few hours or so online. To be honest its a bit meh. There is not enough variety on the MP side. Weapons feel a bit crap and the vehicles / upgrades you buy with battlepoints get a bit boring as there are not that many.

Associate
As to my previous post, once you get into the SP it's actually fairly fun and has its moments, not sure on the length as I have yet to complete. The MP so far is also fun but last time I played on Sunday the servers were finding me games :mad: . Only real gripe about the game, is the graphics are dayum blocky. I'm not sure of the resolution but it is not healthy and of course no anti aliasing either. Would be interesting to see them bring out a second one but graphics need improving!

Associate
Very disappointed on the game.
The campaign is good but runs out of steam about half way through with the story severely lagging on the last couple of missions, it is also far too short and be completed in a couple of hours.
The online experience is good when you can finally get into the game with a couple of fresh ideas in the gameplay, has a slight feel of battlefield to it with good customisations to the weapons and player abilities.
Why a company who has spent so much money on marketing the game would leave a very poorly equipped server system in place as i spent 30 mins waiting for a game to show up last night and then finally gave up.
You should not market the game as having dedicated servers if they simply wont work, I am going to trade this in tomorrow towards Crysis as now the campaign is completed the game is absolutely useless.
:/

Soldato
I havent been able to get in a game for 2 days. i so wanted to like this game but its not the complete product. its got potental all over it but so far fails to live upto any of it.

Soldato
Yeah the servers are really screwed up at the min, they keep promising a patch but I haven't seen anything yet. If there isn't a patch by the end of today, I'll be trading my copy in.

Soldato
This game is so ****ing glitchy! Was finishing off the SP achievements (before I trade it in for Crysis 2 tomorrow :p) and I managed to get stuck under scenery twice so I had to start the level over, then it gave me the 'Historian' intel achievement when I knew there was still one I hadn't got yet (when I did get the last one it said you have got 62/61 items :confused:). GRR.

Soldato
THQ dropped the ball on this, its so close to being a good game but so far away.

its not like its TDU2 which was also borked on launch but at least you could play single player. Single player is short, loses its way after the first couple of missions and buggy MP is broken,

Associate
Being a trophy whore that i am, im trying to get 16 people in a party for the full boat trophy on the PS3, anyone else up for it? might try and get it done over the next 2-3 days if i can get the people together

Soldato
I love this game, when it works. Unfortunately though, it never works. I defended this game aswell but now at this point, it's getting ridiculous. People on the official game forums are saying 'oh come on every new game has issues look at Black Ops etc' but this game takes the biscuit I can't ever remember a game being this badly broken upon release. To make matters worse, KAOS have given little to no updates other than 'we're working on it'.

I just think that's a joke, anyway rant over. Think I'll trade this infor Crysis 2 today, looks fun online.

Associate
I'm holding onto my copy for when Kaos finally pull their finger out. This game is fun online, and I can get into games on my own, but I don't play multiplayer to have games with random people, I play with friends.

CSA

CSA

Associate
Im thinking of buying the game but need to know a couple of things first

does it have a toggle aim option in the game ? much like nomad setting in COD and how are the multiplayer games hosted ? P2P like COD or a more stable server based like BC2 ?

Back
Top Bottom