Could you live without intercourse?

Soldato
I think I could live without it. Haven't actually tried apart from the odd times I was single and I never really gave it much thought. Currently with a Swedish girl that's permanently horny so I won't get to test that theory any time soon. :(

Man of Honour
Nope, it's a very important part of a relationship.

This.

I'd find it very hard if sex were to become impossible - in fact I know I'd probably go looking elsewhere for it. I don't think it's shallow, it's a hugely important part of a relationship for me - don't get me wrong it's not the only thing. There's a whole lot that makes a relationship work. Like anything in life, it's made up of many constituent parts which together make a stable structure. Without one of these items, the structure is weakened and ultimately fails/falls apart.

Not having a physical aspect to the relationship will in time cause it to fail (for me). I really don't think it's shallow, on the contrary if anything it makes the relationship that more rounded.

Man of Honour
I don't know to be honest, my wife has a very erratic sex drive i.e. sometimes she'll be horny for weeks and other times seem to be completely disinterested in sex for a couple of months. I could probably live without intercourse in the literal sense but not without other stuff.

At times it can be depressing when you read / hear about / see people with nympho partners that are getting it 20+ times a week but I suppose there's more to a relationship (certainly where marriage is concerned) than sex.

Don
Why exactly its so important to a relationship for a guy to empty his testicles often from whatever semen resides in there? *with respect*

It's not about unloading yourself, it's about the mutual intimacy and mutual feelings of satisfaction that you can give one another. It improves the bond that you and your partner have with one another.

The comments about sex ending with marriage is nonsense too..

jfp

jfp

Associate
Asked my gf this question, she gave the typical girl answer of 'of course I would go with out' and ended up rather frustrated of my choice of words of 'i would come to an arrangement where by I had access to some every couple of weeks'

Although I say I would do this it depends on the situation completely :(

Back
Top Bottom