***** The Crysis 2 Thread *****

Soldato
Pretty impressed here with crysis 2, i'm running a 5870, spec in sig.. at stock 3Ghz on cpu and it runs on their max settings perfectly, the engine seems pretty well optimised to me and it's just proving at 1920 x 1200 an ATI 5850 will be perfect for a gaming rig currently and anything more is just overkill. Well I thought this game may make me finally update my 5870 but seems not so far with the standard max settings, maybe when they give us more control of the video settings and "if" they add DX11 it may run too slow to play.. but doubting that it will make a major difference.. even if it currently halved my frame rate it would be playable.

Shame I really did think about a GTX 580 as a next upgrade, but going to wait now till the 28nm graphics cards come out and hopefully see a new single card with a single GPU with 6990 sort of performance.. Maybe BF3 will change my mind when it comes out but again by then the next gen cards will not be too far away.

Soldato
Loving this game, graphics are awesome and the game play is great! AI is a little... meh. "He's gone into cloak"... echoes from the other side of the map :p

But at least I not having to upgrade from a GTX260 yet! Damn glad I not laid down £300 for a new graphics card like I was considering! I'll wait for BF3 before deciding that :p

Looks like they took the criticism aimed at them with Crysis1 on board. Make it look great AND perform well. I mean it is slick as anything on max settings at 1900x1200 with a old old GTX260 :o (Ok sandybridge the rest of the setup but still..).

Soldato
in game- multiplayer menu- MyCrysis.
it takes you out of the game, and you have to enter your email that you use for MP at the sign-in, then enter the bonus code.

Soldato
The retail versions replaced "Gamer, Advanced and Hardcore" with "High, Very High and Extreme".

Apparently the cracked version still has the old names for the settings....

Soldato
It should give you High, Very High and Extreme for settings. The game installed a patch right after installation for me, so it could be that.

But the only time I have seen the old setting names was in the demo and people complaining with the cracked version that they can't find Extreme mode.

Soldato
It should give you High, Very High and Extreme for settings. The game installed a patch right after installation for me, so it could be that.

But the only time I have seen the old setting names was in the demo and people complaining with the cracked version that they can't find Extreme mode.

I noticed it changed after the patch.
Then again, I don't actually use those modes, edit cfgs :d

Soldato

Not seen a patch or I don't remember one... Did it auto install ? I could have just clicked buttons and missed it..

Soldato
Yea there was a patch that downloaded automatically when I tried to play the game for the first time.

It must be the patch then that changed the names for some reason!

Soldato
But at least I not having to upgrade from a GTX260 yet! Damn glad I not laid down £300 for a new graphics card like I was considering! I'll wait for BF3 before deciding that :p

Looks like they took the criticism aimed at them with Crysis1 on board. Make it look great AND perform well. I mean it is slick as anything on max settings at 1900x1200 with a old old GTX260 :o (Ok sandybridge the rest of the setup but

Yeah exactly the same with me. !Was going to upgrade my GPU but then I realised that my 260GTX is perfectly fine for games at high settings at the moment. Will wait till BF3

Soldato
Just having a look now as I don't remember any patches..

Just re-installed and hey presto patching to V1.1 not sure why it failed to do this last time. Hope my savegames are still there...

crysis.png

Soldato
Like this one?

crysis2.jpg

I think he is just lowering the graphics and complaining for the sake of it..

The textures look the exact same as they do on mine. Rubbish

Cos the numpty who uploaded it has a crap computer .....
Yes, my pc is utter rubbish.

It's ancient really.

Phenom II 940 BE at 3.8Ghz
Asus M4A79 Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 470
8GB RAM
Running the game at 1920x1200

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom