Back to the Future DVD Trilogy

Associate
Does anyone know how to tell the fixed version from the un-fixed version in terms of the outside box ?

The version I could get is shrink wrapped but I don't know if its the fixed one or not.

Can anyone help out with this pls ?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Soldato
I'm not sure if these codes are printed on the packaging or not, but these are the codes for the two replacement DVDs (R2):

The way to tell that these discs are 'good' are to look at the colour of the writing on the disc. Disc 2 and 3 now have white writing instead of black and the codes respectively read:

BTTF2 = 903 027 9B /R1
BTTF3 = 903 027 9C R2

Sorry if those don't help - I've not read anything about changes in packaging :(

I was considering ordering the box online, but don't want to get lumbered with the early releases. BTTF 2 has had the original and one re-release whereas BTTF 3 has had the original and two re-releases! :o

I may see if I can pick them up via forums - then the seller will be able to confirm the versions. I can't see e-tailers being overly helpful with this kind of thing! Although, I may give play or cd-wow a try sometime soon :)

J

Soldato
Without checking, these were the issues:

BTTF 2 (original) = incorrect framing
BTTF 2 (replacement) = ok!

BTTF 3 (original) = incorrect framing
BTTF 3 (replacement 1) = correct framing and poor colour
BTTF 3 (replacement 2) = ok!

If you have a wander around on The DVD Forums, there is a huge thread detailing the issues and giving example screenshots :)

[edit]..here you go - it's this thread.

J

Associate
Hey nice one Juggler :)

I bought this set just after Christmas in Virgin for £18.99 and by what you have said it contains the fixed versions of the 2nd & 3rd films.

I hadn't noticed any problems, but I was curious to know if I had the fixed discs.

Nice box set, but I was disappointed that there is no directors commentary for the films. Yes I know that there is the audio from some conference or other playing over the first film, but that doesn't count! :p

Cheers

Associate
Hmm bought this Trilogy Box Set for my GF last xmas (2002) just after they had come out.

She's in London at the moment so I cant inspect her discs(oo err), but if I find they are the earlier versions can i exchange them anywhere or am I stuck?

?

Soldato
Mr Monkey, you would need to contact Universal directly if you wanted them changing :)

For the R2 release...

Universal Customer Service 08705 900 909

Also just found the following, although I would be inclined to phone them directly to clarify the returns/replacements situation before posting anything off! :)

Universal Music Ltd
BTTF
Customer Services
Chippenham Drive
Kingston
Milton Keynes
Bucks
MK10 0AT

Just send them your reciept, disc's and a letter explaining your problem and they will send them out.

Soldato
Nice one
icon14.gif

I've still not bought a set for myself yet - saw BTTF 1 on TV a while back and forgot how good it was, I'll have to pull my finger out soon and buy it :p

Back
Top Bottom