What to do with a load of uni books?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
What I did was buy most of the books listed here on StackOverflow. You can find pretty much the same material in those books and they are usually much, much better.

Soldato
You could even offer to sell them to the library...

They'd rather buy second hand good condition books that brand new books I'm sure.

Soldato
Flog them to first years TBH.

They sound relevant to my degree, but we won't find out the exact recommended second year books until September :(.

I wish I hadn't bought them now honestly, never really needed them. The lecturers at my uni probably only recommended them because they were the ones who wrote them.
Ditto. Each of our six modules was allowed to tell us to buy one book (they could recommend you borrow / get second hand any more if they wanted, but only tell you to buy the one)... so as a fresh faced first year I bought the six.
Three I haven't opened, two have been alright and one completely useless!

Last edited:
Soldato
Amazon Marketplace is good for them. ot an ad on a oticeboard in your dept.

Otherwise, at uni, I ran the second hand bookshop for the engineering/engineering sciences courses. It worked well.

Permabanned
ebaying big books often costs more to post than the book is worth as you can not add postage to books (or you never used to be able too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom