30'' Monitor Prices Why so high?

Associate
For some the fact that the Hazro only has a single DVI input makes it a none option.

Hazro's warranty is basically 3 years return to base with a replacement shipped out in between 48 hours and 28 days (weekends and bank holidays excluded). Alright if you can afford to wait.

Dell provide a 3 year next business day exchange.

These are valid points I agree, I just hate it when people argue that their 0 dead pixel policy is the reason why everyone should drop hundreds more for the Dell over the Hazro.

Will overclockers stock the new 27 inch Hazro models

Yes. Should be in stock in 2 weeks :p

Associate
These are valid points I agree, I just hate it when people argue that their 0 dead pixel policy is the reason why everyone should drop hundreds more for the Dell over the Hazro.

I wanted a HZ30Wi, but just ordered a U3011, because it was impossible to get a hold of Hazro and have them answer my emails. Lack of information/support. Customer service means quite a bit to me.

Soldato
But Hazro do have a poor pixel fault policy.

For example you have to have more than 9 hot pixels, 9 dead pixels or 21 stuck pixels before the monitor is considered faulty.

Just 1 of any of those and Dell will replace your 30" monitor.

You're wrong about Dell's dead pixel policy, they actually allow up to 5 dark sub-pixels on the screen before replacing it.

I've got one tiny dark dot on my Dell and they would never replace it ;)

http://supportapj.dell.com/support/...C3D7E0EF09046C9BB84FA6E6BBB8D4E&isLegacy=true

Associate
To be completely honest, if you have the cash I can't say I blame you for jumping ship... How long has Hazro been promising these new IPS screens? It's a joke and getting very tiresome now!

Associate
I have been gaming for the past 2 years on a dell 27'' and would love to
make the jump to 30'' but the day i pay over 1200 pounds for one is the
day that Ireland will beat England at cricket.

Ireland did beat England in the cricket world cup. Time to buy one then:p

Soldato
However, the quality control for these new hazros is supposed to be very good, and if you are not happy with it after you receive it (eg. Dead/stuck pixels) then you are within your rights return it under DSR and just pay for the return postage.

Quoted for the lolz :D

Associate
Firms may argue that a 16:10 manufacturing process is more costly than 16:9 too... even if the 27" panel is a WQHD one which would make this point mute. (Only "Full HD 1080p" should be considered here as the firm can slap a TV tuner into such a monitor and call it a TV without too much greater cost.)

Firms will do whatever they can to exploit consumers in a market of imperfect knowledge. If we don't know the true costs of manufacturing then firms can charge whatever they want as long as they remain competitive to each other.

Also Hazro's QC is terrible since they actually started getting a larger amount of orders. Their pixel policy is not anything to shout about either. If you MUST buy Hazro only do it for their AG coated, aluminium cased screens. The glossy ones definitely need time to mature in manufacturing process. You may not escape dead subpixels but at least you won't have dust/hair under the glass.

Last edited:
Associate
Dont get me wrong though I love my 3008wfp but didant pay for it though orded a 20" monitor for £200 for my gf that was DOA some one at dell messed up and sent me a £1000 3008 as a replacment :D

But Well affter owning one I think 30" monitors are over rated if all you use it for is gameing and watching movies. I allrdy owned a 2407 and given the choice I would rather have had another 2407 instead.

But understandably diddant want to point that out tio Dell just incase they asked for it back :D lol

Associate
If you MUST buy Hazro only do it for their AG coated, aluminium cased screens. The glossy ones definitely need time to mature in manufacturing process.

Interesting opinion.

I see in your signature that you have experience with both the Dell and the Hazro 30-inchers. Would you say the lower cost Hazro 30-inch is similar in display quality to the Dell 30-inch? Are the anti-glare coatings different or similar?

Associate
Interesting opinion.

I see in your signature that you have experience with both the Dell and the Hazro 30-inchers. Would you say the lower cost Hazro 30-inch is similar in display quality to the Dell 30-inch? Are the anti-glare coatings different or similar?

The standard Hazro (the type I use) uses a Q3 LG panel, not a Q5 like the more expensive HZ30Wi-Q or Dell U3011. However, comparing the two, the Hazro has a more noticeable sparkle effect and colour push than the Dell screen. The Dell pushes red so whites look pinkish but to a lesser extent (IMO) than the Hazro [Q3 panel] pushes to green. Due to the more aggressive AG coating on the (again, standard) HZ30Wi allows me to guide you in the direction of the Dell for overall display quality. The backlighting of the Hazro seems to be more noticeable in a way too, in that the black level is not quite as deep as one might like it to be.

You get what you pay for. The standard HZ30Wi is still a fine monitor pending you can live with a few potentially stuck or dead subpixels/pixels. Ultimately there is a simple reason why I chose the Hazros as flanking screens to the Dell I initially bought: 1. 2 x U3011 = £2400. 2. 2 x HZ30Wi = ~£1700

My point is that Hazro made the aluminium cased screens first for industrial use, that is more close to their business plan than a more consumer-oriented model. In other words, let the company make what they make best and give them time to adapt to manufacturing more consumer-oriented models.

Back
Top Bottom