Sell my old system?

Associate
I think I'm going to build a completely new rig from scratch, however I'll need to make a bit of cash to help pay for/justify a new system.

Am i better off selling my old system as individual components or as a whole computer? i.e which is likely to make more money??

Thanks

Associate
If you want a quote on how much your parts may be worth, look at the members market. There is a section for asking how much things might be.

He can't yet, needs 250 posts ;)

Like said, if it's a low end PC, you'll get more as a complete package, but higher end, most likely more from individual components, what's the rough specs?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice guys. This is the rough spec:

Q6600
Zotac 260gtx
Abit ip35 pro
4gigs nvidia RAM
ASIs xonar essence.

Is any of it worth flogging?

Associate
OP
Well to be honest I travel around so much these days with work that I have no need for a desktop in the short term. My laptop seems to do the job for me at the moment. I reckon I'll probably build a new rig in a 12-18 months.

Soldato
I'd keep the sound card though. They don't come up very often second hand and cost a ton new, plus they aren't updated that regularly, so keeping it would be a good move I think.

Associate
OP
Yeah the q6600 is OC'd to 3.6 and running nicely. It's purely the fact that I don't use it any more so thought I'd sell on while it may still be worth something. Then when I settle down I can think about starting afresh.

I think you're right about the sound card (I do really love it)!

Associate
Yeah the q6600 is OC'd to 3.6 and running nicely. It's purely the fact that I don't use it any more so thought I'd sell on while it may still be worth something. Then when I settle down I can think about starting afresh.

I think you're right about the sound card (I do really love it)!

Im feeling generous so I'll let you trade systems with me. ;)

Associate
Before jumping on the SB wagon, I managed to flog my old system in parts:
Q9550 (£150)
asus p5k deluxe (£55)
4gb corsair ddr2 (£69)
Enermax 720 psu (£70)
Antec 900 case (£51)
4 Apache fans (£33)
just to give you an idea...

Back
Top Bottom