Return to Castle Wolfenstein MP players of Old

Associate
Absolutely superb game. It sucks that there are hardly any populated servers anymore. :'(

OcUK ET Server anyone?

Soldato
I can't believe it's just under 10 years old :eek: I remember playing on dialup and praying that the 2 hour cut off wouldn't happen at a key point in the round :p

Soldato
RTCW greatest team multiplayer game of all time, hands down! used to play as BoNeS. Gonna have to get this on steam later and relive some old memories :D used to play with Nnc? and Chevron. Used to be able to sit there for hours playing beach constantly, it never got boring.

Don't know the members of your clan but I remember ArchAngel, He was the first person i got to know in RTCW:p

Associate
Easily one of my favourite multiplayer games of all time though I could never really get into the single player side of things. That era of Q3 engined shooters was great, RTCW/Enemy Territory, Jedi Knight games, MOHAA, SoF 2 plus Q3 itself of course.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
There has never been a multilayer game as good as RTCW/ET. Everything was just perfect. Finding that perfect mortar spot on the train map in ET was bliss in itself. RTCW also had the best map ever in that beach level, getting them documents to the radio room was such a achievement especially if you could sneek by then it was panic stations to get up there :)

Some the custom maps like Caen and the one from more or less from where eagles dare with the cable cars again was gaming UTOPIA.

I would love them to remake it, with modern graphic engine, keep the everything else the same.

Maybe BRINK will have some feeling its done by splash damage the people behind ET.

Used to play on the jolt servers under "SPG"

Soldato
Seeing as RTCW and ET were so good and both have such a loyal followings, why hasn't there been a recent update? The recent bastardised CoD version doesn't count. A remake containing the best maps and features from both games would blow anything current out of the water!

No perks, no camping, no spamming, just pure speed, teamplay and skill.

Associate
Awesome, awesome game.

I used to play as SuperTed - aww, even seeing that written out again brings back memories!:p

Was an ace game. The first online one I ever play. Completely brilliant.

Tram was an amazing map.

That name rings a bell, did you play for a clan at all?

Associate
ET was my childhood :D

"The track switch has been raised!" "Lower the track switch!" I remember this constantly being interrupted as people fought and toggled the switch. Amazing.

Still play it at some LAN's, great team game.

Associate
Wow wathcing some of those vids brings back so maybe memories, I used to play this this all the time, Its a pity most of my friends played counter strike over RTCW :(

I used to be InHuman if anyone ever remembers me :D Also you guys must remember ThePigFarmer, He always played MPTram 24x7!

Its a shame that most people that play rtcw/ET now are cheaters..

Caporegime
After RTCW MP and ET I don't understand how they ****** up the sequals so bad, the same core game with new maps and a better graphics engine would have sold by the bucketloads, they could have sold ET if they had wanted to it had more gameplay than 99% of games released today.

I remember back in the day playing 60 player 24/7 Market Garden servers, it was a huge map and some of the games lasted all day.

Back
Top Bottom