Blackpool

Soldato
Good shout with Chester, nice small city, walk the walls, get some history, do shopping etc.

York is nicer but more expensive I think.

Soldato
What is there to do in York?

Shops, Jorvik centre (viking), wall walk, restaurants, nice pubs, decent people (in comparison to Blackpool) probably other stuff but it's just a much better atmosphere and much cleaner in general.

Depends what you want I suppose, if the pleasure beach was the main attraction then it's hard to beat Blackpool unless there's a train station at Alton Towers (maybe see if there's a coach trip?!).

Soldato
Lots of stuff to do in York! I'm going there for a week in May. First time since the school took us on holiday there years ago.

Really looking forward to it! :D

Soldato
Well, my wife loves walking around the Shambles area - loads of little shops in olde worlde setting. As said above it is expensive (cost me a diamond ring last time!). Very atmospheric city, heading there later this year for a long weekend.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I live about 4 miles North of Blackpool (nr Cleveleys) - I wouldn't go to Blackpool either.

The only time I go to the town centre is to pick a parcel up or to my masonic lodge.

The Pleasure Beach is great though and I'll disagree with the earlier poster - it has many excellent rides.

Things are getting better - they'll have finished all the prom renovation soon and they is an indoor Ski slope being built starting this winter.

The beach volley ball is always worth attending :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
The only time I go to the town centre is to pick a parcel up or to my masonic lodge.

Which lodge is that? I visit occasionally to Emblem.

O/p - stuff to do in Bpool - loads of night clubs, syndicate being the biggest.

Theres the tower of course, but it's under heavy renovation at the moment.

There are shows on either along the pier or at the ballroom etc.

Oh and there is a madamme toussauds (cant spell that) and a sea life center.

It's years since I have been to blackpool though and I only live 20 miles away. Read into that what you will ;)

Soldato
If i remember correctly, cheapest way is to book online and collect from the pleasure beach. Im going against the grain here, but i love Blackpool lol. It has gone down hill since i used to go when i was a little lad, but still love it.

Soldato
If i remember correctly, cheapest way is to book online and collect from the pleasure beach. Im going against the grain here, but i love Blackpool lol. It has gone down hill since i used to go when i was a little lad, but still love it.
What is there to love? :(

Soldato
I used to love the place as a kid. Went there once when the illuminations were on and it was mega windy (shop windows cracking windy) and still had a great time.

The Pepsi max was closed due to the weather though :(. But on the flip side, a couple were arguing and then decided to leave the pleasure beach and gave us all their unused tickets :D. Nothing beats free rides.

Saying all this, I went recently and realised how much of a dump the place really is. But it'll still be a good day out, loads to see and do. Everything is overpriced, but for a day it doesn't matter. I wouldn't want to spend more than a day there tbh.

Back
Top Bottom