Who here skips breakfast?

Soldato
The conception that breakfast is the "most important meal" of the day is false and it's a myth.

Skipping breakfast is a good thing, basically, when you go to sleep, your body starts detoxifying and repairing itself, your skin repairs itself, your wounds heal, your stomach gets rid of it's toxins and impurities which in turn makes you better, why do you think people tell you to sleep loads when you're sick?

When you have breakfast as soon as you wake up, you stop this process and your stomach goes into digestion mode and it will never go into that "detoxification" mode ever again until you go to sleep, so basically instead of getting 12 hours of detoxification you are only getting 8, by holding off on breakfast until at least 12 o clock, you're doing your body much more good then gulping down 2 slices of bacon and eggs. Alternatively, if you can't do this then just have 1 orange or 1 grapefruit and drink plenty of water.

Soldato
OP
I don't tend to eat before 11am regardless of when I wake up, I always have a full 3 meals a day though, I just have breakfast and lunch later.

Same, I just can't stomach a breakfast when I wake up, so I have taken all the materiels necessary with me to work and so I eat then, usually around half 9 when I and my stomach have woken up properly!

Man of Honour
The conception that breakfast is the "most important meal" of the day is false and it's a myth.

Skipping breakfast is a good thing, basically, when you go to sleep, your body starts detoxifying and repairing itself, your skin repairs itself, your wounds heal, your stomach gets rid of it's toxins and impurities which in turn makes you better, why do you think people tell you to sleep loads when you're sick?

When you have breakfast as soon as you wake up, you stop this process and your stomach goes into digestion mode and it will never go into that "detoxification" mode ever again until you go to sleep, so basically instead of getting 12 hours of detoxification you are only getting 8, by holding off on breakfast until at least 12 o clock, you're doing your body much more good then gulping down 2 slices of bacon and eggs. Alternatively, if you can't do this then just have 1 orange or 1 grapefruit and drink plenty of water.

:o

I dare you to post that in the sports forum.

Soldato
Weetabix every morning without fail. If you don't have breakfast you might not feel worse but you'll certainly feel better if you do.

Its so easy to tell the difference from days when you dont eat breakfast and days when you eat breakfast.

I always find weetabix or oatmeal gives me the a good amount of slow energy to do me for lunch time. Saying that, I eat my breakfast at 6am on workdays.

Weetabix + chopped banana + raisains + skimmed milk = gooooood eating

I'd rather start the day without feeling weak and low on energy. Plus, when you wake up, your body is in an anti-catabolic state. Really bad if you are into working out and preserving muscle tissue.

Last edited:
Soldato
I act like a retard when I'm hungry so I try never to avoid meals... especially breakfast.

Thread revival, but worth pointing out that since posting this thread, I have improved my breakfast routine, and now have a healthy bowl of fruits alpen with natural yoghurt every morning, and I can honestly say I feel better for it.

:| thanks for the update bro

Last edited:
Soldato

wikipedianprotester.png

Personally I eat breakfast when I'm hungry.
Sometimes this is shortly after I get up, other times it may be a few hours afterwards.
Nine times out of ten I'll have eaten a decent meal by 10am though.

As for this morning I'm feeling peckish, so reckon it's about time to fix some breakfast right about now before the Grand Prix starts.

Associate

What a load of balls

Man of Honour

So you are going to ignore all the research. You are no longer sleeping and you do not want to carry on the fasting. There's a whole load of reasons from kick starting your metabolism to perfuming better in mental concentration.

Man of Honour

errr I'd brush up on your biology a little as that's actually complete rubbish! :D

Soldato

:o

I dare you to post that in the sports forum.

One of my hobbies is 'bodybuilding' (not to the extreme as all of GD would naturally assume). Since I'd been training I ate 5/6 times per day in small portions. Around X-mas I switched to something called 'IF' or 'Intermittent Fasting'. This involves eating all of your daily calories in an 8 hour window. I break 'the fast' at midday, eat again after I train at around 6PM and then have dinner and my last calories before 8PM.

Since doing so, combined with my training, I managed to drop 6KG in 7 weeks, bodyfat was down and strength was up. 14 weeks on strength is still going up and bodyfat coming down. This is measured with PB's of 125KG bench now up to 135KG, squat from 170KG up to 175KG, deadlift I've yet to RM, rather than me just saying 'I feel stronger' the numbers speak for themselves.

See here:

http://www.leangains.com/

Top 10 fasting myths debunked

I very much believed the 'bro science' about kick starting your metabolism for the day and stopping your body going in to starvation mode. However having been doing this now for 4-5 months I'd have to say it's all testicles and my journal over in SA 'BennyC's Intermittent Fasting & HST Journal' is proving this.

Whilst Franco's post might not be entirely accurate it holds some truth in that not eating first thing in the morning isn't bad for you. What is bad for you is skipping that meal and by meal I mean the calories gained from it.

There are loads of benefits from IF, a couple of our other members in SA are also currently using it. Coupled with a keto diet it's a very effective tool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom