H70 loud! - Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP Venom better?

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Hey all,

Built my new rig last night and the H70 is way too loud for my tastes.

Even with the inline resistor, and good airflow in the case, the intake fans (as per Corsair's recommendation) can be heard with the case on the floor (Fractal R3).

So, would the Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP Venom CPU Cooler be any better? I'm not interested in OC'ing, would just like low temps and a quiet cooler.

Want to order ASAP to catch next day delivery.

Thanks

Associate
EVH - I too had the H70 and found it unbearably loud - I replaced the fans with Akasa Vipers and also an Akasa PWM Splitter for CPU controlled speeds. The noise dramatically reduced and temps didn't change much either ;)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
I thought the whole point of the H70, was that the fans run at full speed all the time, to give the right cooling?

Associate
I thought the whole point of the H70, was that the fans run at full speed all the time, to give the right cooling?

Having fans on full would give the maximum cooling, but it doesn't have to be on maximum to cool any stock clocked CPU more than adequately.

There is nearly always the dilemma of having excellent cooling with a raise in fan noise, or a quieter system that runs a few Celcius hotter than if the fans were on full.

If you get a PWM splitter, you can use either your BIOS or something like Speedfan to adjust your fan speeds depending on what you're doing if you so wished.

Soldato

I have two H60 running in machines and 1 H70 all set to silent in ASUS setups,

The CPU are overclocked and the temps are fine

The only Noise I get is when the Pc,s boot up then go very quiet

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Just popped out and bought a PWM splitter, is it just a case of 2x fans from H70 to splitter, to mobo CPU fan header as normal?

(Currently do this with the stock fans, but they are 3 pin)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Another question (Not up on fan configs), the cpu block goes direct to a fan header at the moment, and the two stock fans run to the CPU header via 2 to 1 cable.

When installing the PWM splitter, do I leave the block directly on the fan header, or do I connect it to the splitter too?

51xolzktz9l.jpg

Doesn't bother me either way, but I don't want to limit the pump.. just the fans.

Thanks for all the help :)

Back
Top Bottom