I'm like a big kid

Soldato
It's weird I've had PC's Laptops and so on but I'm so excited as I'll have my first Macbbok pro in the matter of hours. I haven't been this excited about something since I was a kid at Christmas.

Ok I know the new technology tradition like when you open the box you have to get a whiff of the new gadget smell but is there any My first Mac traditions? :D Were any of you folks this overly excited when you went to purchase your very first Mac computer?

Soldato
You're not alone. :o I stared in awe at mine, then very delicately took it out of the box and unwrapped everything at what must have been a snail's pace, taking in the textures, smells and sights as I went. My girlfriend thought I was insane, but I made sure she came back into the room to watch the OS X install intro.

"Doo do do doo do, doo doo do doo dooo do do.." :o :D

Associate
It's weird I've had PC's Laptops and so on but I'm so excited as I'll have my first Macbbok pro in the matter of hours. I haven't been this excited about something since I was a kid at Christmas.

Ok I know the new technology tradition like when you open the box you have to get a whiff of the new gadget smell but is there any My first Mac traditions? :D Were any of you folks this overly excited when you went to purchase your very first Mac computer?

I was ecstatic! literally, I was over the god damn moon and I only got a Mac Mini, if I got a MBP? jesus christ, I think i'd cry.

Associate
I waited a few hours to open my iMac as I couldn't be bothered to set it up. On the other hand the girlfriend was drooling over it and wanted to open it there and then but I kept saying no. I already brought her a iPad for uni and she ripped it open like a kid at Christmas

Soldato
I must admit that when I opened my first mbp, I wasn't overwhelmed. It was very well made and fired up quickly, but that was it. After using it for a bit, that's when I realised how good they are.

I was much more excited about getting my new, second, mbp this week :D. It had a lot to live up to, plus being much faster. Anyway, the guy in the apple store opened it all up to test it for me, so I didn't get the excitement there either!

Soldato
OP
Just a couple of pics of my new girl friend. Yes I've uploaded them to Facebook as I couldn't help showing her off. :D
217557_1617409450156_1683986818_1162504_7658329_n.jpg

224654_1617409770164_1683986818_1162505_1430166_n.jpg

206268_1617410210175_1683986818_1162506_4783849_n.jpg

206303_1617410450181_1683986818_1162507_7154824_n.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I had the same excitement, waiting for my MacBook. Was sitting my the door waiting for the delivery man and ran out as soon as I saw the truck, lol. :cool:

Congrats on the new toy - enjoy! :D

Caporegime
Hmmm im seriously considering getting a macbook pro 13" myself but im a bit apprehensive as i use a lot of window programs and i dont know if any of them are available for the mac...thats the only thing putting me off getting one but also the price of them :/...they are pretty over priced for what you get ie i can spec a similar pc laptop for about £300 cheaper really.

Would love to get one but not sure if a lot of my programs will work on the mac....not really that concerned about the price tbh.

Soldato
Next thing to do with a new gadget: get a scratch on it so you can stop worrying about it staying pristine :p

Hmmm im seriously considering getting a macbook pro 13" myself but im a bit apprehensive as i use a lot of window programs and i dont know if any of them are available for the mac...thats the only thing putting me off getting one
Thankfully it's easy enough to find out if programs have a Mac version or a Mac equivalent.

Soldato
Crikey, I wish I could get this excited over a laptop. I miss that kid-at-Christmas feeling. When my iPhone4 arrived I didn't open it straight away, and when I did it was fun for 5 minutes and then it just became my phone. I see technology as more of a means to an end rather than the latest must-have shiny thing which probably explains why I went from a 2G iPhone to an iPhone4 and my PC is 5 years old.

Macs are pretty good for people who like to open stuff with a lot of pent up anticipation. They're usually very well packaged (it's a good idea to keep this packaging for when you come to sell it on) and from unboxing to getting to the desktop is about as streamlined as you're going to get.

Back
Top Bottom