Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Just as I'm exploring all options at the moment, I've come across this:

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FTSCA29REBA/on-one-scandal-29er-frame-reba-rlt-29er-100mm-forks-bundle

If I were say, to get this and then buy individual parts for the rest of the bike and build it myself, how much would you expect me (from your own experience) to be paying on top of the £600? So basically: saddle, stem, brakes, chainstay/crank, peddals, handlebars, etc. Essentially, the rest of the damn bike. :p

Also, how hard is it to install a chainset/crank, etc. and hydraulic discs? Do I need a special tool for the chainset, etc.?

Cheers.

Man of Honour
Just as I'm exploring all options at the moment, I've come across this:

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FTSCA29REBA/on-one-scandal-29er-frame-reba-rlt-29er-100mm-forks-bundle

If I were say, to get this and then buy individual parts for the rest of the bike and build it myself, how much would you expect me (from your own experience) to be paying on top of the £600? So basically: saddle, stem, brakes, chainstay/crank, peddals, handlebars, etc. Essentially, the rest of the damn bike. :p

Also, how hard is it to install a chainset/crank, etc. and hydraulic discs? Do I need a special tool for the chainset, etc.?

Cheers.

Not an easy one to answer as you can spend as much or as little as you want, but for a good spec you could easily be touching on 1k.

Most bits can be done with spanners and alan keys, but you will find a few things that need special tools such as headsets and bottom brackets.

Last edited:
Soldato
if your going down the on-one route, your probably as well just getting the full bike from them pre-built. they have a good selection of various parts for each bit of your bike and therefore you can configure what you want from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom