Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You wont get a coil that has a pro-pedal on/off switch like the rp23 does, but the DHX and Rc4 do have built in damping and wont bob on the Heckler, I know this from experience.

The problem with the DHX is that the Pro-Pedal works well for fireroad sections but you have to remember to stop at the top of the hill and switch it fully off or it sucks for the descents. All the settings in between are a compromise. I ended up leaving pro pedal off altogether and dealing with the bob when standing up mashing on the pedals, then I got lazy and sat down all the time. :p

The RS Vivid would be a better choice of coil for the Heckler. I know this from experience. :p

Man of Honour
The problem with the DHX is that the Pro-Pedal works well for fireroad sections but you have to remember to stop at the top of the hill and switch it fully off or it sucks for the descents. All the settings in between are a compromise. I ended up leaving pro pedal off altogether and dealing with the bob when standing up mashing on the pedals, then I got lazy and sat down all the time. :p

The RS Vivid would be a better choice of coil for the Heckler. I know this from experience. :p

If we are going to be like that, then he needs to get a CCDB :p

Soldato
Plus a CCDB is only for people that are willing to put a lot of time into setting it up perfectly. I will probably stick with air, but maybe swap to something with a bit more control like a Manitou Swinger Expert, never had any problems with there shocks.

Soldato
Yeah i wasnt a fan of the black forks i had, but iv had 3 different swinger shocks 2 air and one coil and they have been faultless and did everything i asked of them.

Im actually tempted by the PUSHED-Van R from TF Tuned, great value.

Last edited:
Associate
I go there quite a lot with matt_fsr - the black is the only graded route worth doing, the red is just a lot of fire road. The skills loop is good fun but for me the best part is the new Section 13, you can find this up by the start of the DH and 4X track - I could literally do that run all day :p

Wish I'd seen this before setting off! Totally agree about the red being a bit naff; the last section was pretty good, almost worth the trek to get there. Had a go at the first bit of the black loop too which was fairly good fun. Unfortunately missed out the extension red because I had an unfit friend with me and he was already knackered by that point...:rolleyes: I'll have to go back again and check that bit out.

Man of Honour
Wish I'd seen this before setting off! Totally agree about the red being a bit naff; the last section was pretty good, almost worth the trek to get there. Had a go at the first bit of the black loop too which was fairly good fun. Unfortunately missed out the extension red because I had an unfit friend with me and he was already knackered by that point...:rolleyes: I'll have to go back again and check that bit out.

Did you go on the Skills park?

In other news a few of us will be heading to Dalby on Monday so anyone who is interested in coming along can do so, meeting in the visitor car park for around 10.30am. Just drop a post in here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom