***Supreme Commander 2 on OcUK***

This game may not be quite to the epic scale of its predecessor, but it's quicker to learn and imo more fun. It also works as a stepping stone to the original.

Some of us have started playing it and it would be nice if we can form some teams on OcUK to play against each other, using Steam Friends which is one of the main attractions of this game I must say, an rts using steam.

Here is our Steam Group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/OcUKSupCom2

Here are a few screenshots from tonight's game against 2 ai, one Ultra cheating and one Hard (would play more but so many units get produced the net can't cope!) to wet the appetites:

2011-04-26_00002.jpg

2011-04-27_00005.jpg

2011-04-27_00004.jpg

2011-04-27_00003.jpg

2011-04-27_00006.jpg

Join the Steam Group if you are interested. The game is currently £9.99 (+£6.99 for the dlc, which we all play with), but does crop up in the sales from time to time.

Associate
Also have it and only played a couple of times. Might have to look this up (after my exams)

SupCom FA is better imo, but I HATE the gas powered games multiplayer UI, the worst piece of software I have ever used, and I've had Norton . . . steam is easier.

Soldato
Same game as Links screenshots. Tefal got killed fairly early on by a pretty brutal attack from the AI who destroyed everything he had and stalked him with gunships :)p), Defrag died due to a disconnect near the end when steam went down.

And in the north there will be a scattered nuclear showers...

None of those earlier nukes got through. This is a later assault on the top base with 10 nukes.

Before

Defrag being defeated was a coincidence from a steam dc, nothing to do with the 5+ nukes :p

After

And to end the match... 25 nukes +5 more and Bios and Links Noah armies.

*copied from the Hi-Res Screenshot thread, changes to links until i figure out if steam can thumbnail*

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah was a good game (until steam died). I had to run when Tefal was destroyed and make a temporary (white) base just inside Links area - ooooer! Luckily I had mass converters so could just about sustain nuke building without any mass extractors although it took a long time. Seeing 11 nukes from Evil, about 6 from Bios and 5 or so from me make their way up map was a glorious site, although I think only a couple actually made it through the defense the cheating AI had established - still, 2 nukes is not to be sniffed at :D

Soldato
Well i nuked the other AI base no problem. Then when it came to attacking the other 1 it had at least 6 anti-nuke silos by that point and i'm pretty sure not a single 1 got through on that attack. We had to nuke them again several times before we finally managed to hit something.

It might be worth setting the AI for full map visibility. It could be it spots the nuke silos and immediately starts building defences for it.

Soldato
I wouldn't worry about playing online against random people. I think the competitive scene for this game is a bit **** anyway, made even worse by the game-breaking exploits that haven't been patched out. So long as you've got some experience with Total Annihilation or SupCom 1 you'll understand the basics to the game without needing many hours played. Just helps to have played through the SP or done a few matches vs Easy/Normal AI so you're familiar with the research.

Probably won't matter much if you join us for a vs Cheating AI game unless the AI is set to cull weakest (and you somehow do worse than Tefal :p).

Soldato
Great game with Tefal and Defrag vs 1 cheating + 1 hard AI. We should've lost 5 times over. Tefal got killed early (again :p) by a huge Gunship mob, then later 1 of the AI started launching 4-6 nukes at a time (all at Defrag :p) and kept avoiding my Boomerangs. Eventually we built that much anti-nuke we blew up almost all his base with Boomeranged nukes. Then we finally pushed out with 6 Monkeylords, a few Bomb Bouncers and Brains backed up by Defrags Noah Cannon armies as they swept down our coastline with a giant airforce. Luckily they ignored our commanders till we'd built up tons of AA which took them out easily and let us stop everything else they could throw at us while our land forces decimated them at there bases.

Air assault gone wrong

The last advance

Edit: Changed screenshots to links. Doesn't look like you can thumbnail images via steam.

Last edited:
Soldato
Be nice if we could get enough on for a 4v4 soon, we're winning too easily against cheating AI :p

EDIT: also we all sit on mumble to chat while we play, so anyone that wishes to come join us make sure you have mumble!

Soldato
Its not that he's the worst of us, its that he always goes for teching and structures which always makes him the 'weakest' and the AI then takes him by surprise with gunships cos he never upgrades his commander :p

We set it to Attack Strongest once... must've been 10+ artillery firing at my base before they nuked me (i was air spamming), then did the same to the other 3 people 1 after the other until they finally started shooting at Tefal :p

Back
Top Bottom