When did you kids develope "independence"?

Caporegime
So far today our girl has charged the iphone (so she can play plants vs zombies), made her breakfast (and put her bowl by the sink!), bathed herself (washed, dried, dressed) and asked if she has to watch the wedding now or if she can watch it on iplayer later...

She's six, am i out of a job already? :eek:

When you said "made her breakfast" Did you mean by..

1 - put cereal from a box in a bowl and add milk.
2 - put porridge in a saucepan, add milk, heat up, pour in bowl, then put everything in the sink.

1 does not equal breakfast :p That's as difficult as opening a packet of sweets. lol

Caporegime
So far today our girl has charged the iphone (so she can play plants vs zombies), made her breakfast (and put her bowl by the sink!), bathed herself (washed, dried, dressed) and asked if she has to watch the wedding now or if she can watch it on iplayer later...

She's six, am i out of a job already? :eek:

mine does pretty much all of that anyway... i dont think its anything special.

last night mine , plugged in his mums laptop, booted it up , opened internet explorer, went on youtube , typed in "dead rising 2 walkthrough" and watched theradbrad doing some sniper mission because my son got stuck on it.

yea yea whatever to the "he shouldnt be playing that crowd" he knows its not real, it doesnt apear scary to him.. you decide what your kids should be doing and ill decide what mine should ok.

Soldato
mine does pretty much all of that anyway... i dont think its anything special.

last night mine , plugged in his mums laptop, booted it up , opened internet explorer, went on youtube , typed in "dead rising 2 walkthrough" and watched theradbrad doing some sniper mission because my son got stuck on it.

yea yea whatever to the "he shouldnt be playing that crowd" he knows its not real, it doesnt apear scary to him.. you decide what your kids should be doing and ill decide what mine should ok.

Plus he's 16? :p

edit: wait, you're 30...

So he's 14? :p

Man of Honour
This six year old has that same problem. He can speak, however it is incredibly difficult to make any sense of what he is saying. :confused:

Welcome to my wife's world has a Speech & Language teacher

My cousin's wee boy is like that, partly down to his mother never speaking to him when he was growing up apparently. A lot of it is a reflection on the parents to be fair, not the child. He speaks more in grunts unless you prompt him to speak properly by asking a direct question - then he just about manages, getting a lot better now though :)

And most of the time that sums it up

Soldato
And most of the time that sums it up

I had a boy in my class a couple of years ago who is autistic; his single mum (17 when he was born) didn't have a clue what to do with him and so just used to stick him in front of the TV.

As a result, he speaks in an American accent; he picked it up from the TV he watched.

Soldato

Don't care if he should be playing the game or not, thats up to you as a parent to decide.

However, your son is a dirty ****ing cheat. What a waste of a game if he is looking up how to do it...digusting!

Back
Top Bottom