** The Official Royal Wedding Thread **

Caporegime
ooooft

kate-middleton-sexy-up-skirt-1.jpg

More Like :

From their holiday to ibiza in 2006 apparently.

I wish them all the luck. I like some of the royals, the Queen and William and Harry (and now Kate), but not so much Phillip, Charles and Andrew.

Like most people I guess some you like some you don't. And today was a nice day to be British, even though I was at work while Head Office took a day off! :(

Caporegime
William will one day be King, and when he does the TV will no doubt be digging all this footage out of the archives to show again.

When they do, it will be nice to think back and remember where you were when you saw it.

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;19019455 said:
Whilst not perhaps the most delicate way of putting things, I can't help but feel that this style of commentary would connect more with the average man in the street.

BBC take note.

"And here, the bride. Stunning, simply stunning. Bringing a new meaning to the term elegance. Beautiful, radiant and look at the honkers on that, eh? I'D BE RIGHT IN THERE! TWICE!"

Except for the fact that the BBC is 'supposed' to be impartial... ;)

What I would have loved to have seen is a channel for the lads in general to watch it. I think the BBC had the main coverage, but my girlfriend had like ITV on first of all or something and they were just constantly commenting on whatever they were all wearing.

I would have liked to have seen and listen to it commentated on from a lad perspective, rating the princesses etc, talking about the cars, giving us info on who's who out of the military attendees, tell us about the aircraft, give us some cool facts on the royal horse brigade etc. Give us manly interesting stuff.

A little disappointed that something like this wasn't done, and if it was, I'm then disappointed I didn't know about it (Except of course for my own version of this commentary in my head).

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Managed to see the ceremony, but missed the build up and anything after the balcony thing as I had to leave for work.

A wonderful ceremony and a nice insight into their lives. It's the most human I think I've ever seen William.

The highlight for me was having the ceremony fall silent at key moments inside the Abbey, only to have the roar of the crowd from outside just noticable within and to then see William beaming in response.

Soldato
I have no idea if this has been mentioned already but there was a 'party' in Kelvingrove Park (one of Glasgow's biggest parks). It wasn't sanctioned by the council or anything but there were big screens, PAs and the such installed. It was organized as an 'underground party' but what was interesting is that it was mentioned on Reporting Scotland (BBC news - In Scotland) and the numbers that were attending on Facebook doubled within an hour.

Anyway, inevitably, it kicked off. There's been running battles with mounted police, a huge amount of mess, people urinating everywhere, etc etc. And according to a few pals who were there they said "it was full of underagers, and every second person was in a trackie with a bottle of Buckie [Buckfast] or Maddog [MD2020] in their hands".

The majority of the people there wouldn't have been celebrating the wedding but it is a total shame that people can't go and enjoy themselves in the sun without it descending into carnage. Not entirely sure what'll happen to the organisers but it is a shame...

Soldato
I have no idea if this has been mentioned already but there was a 'party' in Kelvingrove Park (one of Glasgow's biggest parks). It wasn't sanctioned by the council or anything but there were big screens, PAs and the such installed. It was organized as an 'underground party' but what was interesting is that it was mentioned on Reporting Scotland (BBC news - In Scotland) and the numbers that were attending on Facebook doubled within an hour.

Anyway, inevitably, it kicked off. There's been running battles with mounted police, a huge amount of mess, people urinating everywhere, etc etc. And according to a few pals who were there they said "it was full of underagers, and every second person was in a trackie with a bottle of Buckie [Buckfast] or Maddog [MD2020] in their hands".

The majority of the people there wouldn't have been celebrating the wedding but it is a total shame that people can't go and enjoy themselves in the sun without it descending into carnage. Not entirely sure what'll happen to the organisers but it is a shame...

Aye, it is a shame. Totally in contrast to how impressively dignified and organised the police presence was outside Buckingham Palace. I thought it was utterly amazing to see a very thin line of policemen leading hundreds of thousands of people slowly and calmly to the gates to watch the balcony stuff. Especially when you know 2 billions people were watching around the world.

Back
Top Bottom