*** Official Planetside 2 Thread ***

Associate
Hmm...Planetside. Lost at least a year of my life to that game, even the girlfriend started playing it too, because otherwise she'd never get the chance to speak to me!

Made it up to Command Rank 5, Battle Rank 20 (Orbital Strike power was so addictive!), but last I heard they'd increased the levels.

Associate
Hmm...Planetside. Lost at least a year of my life to that game, even the girlfriend started playing it too, because otherwise she'd never get the chance to speak to me!

Made it up to Command Rank 5, Battle Rank 20 (Orbital Strike power was so addictive!), but last I heard they'd increased the levels.

It's now CR5/BR25.

The game has been pushed back since the SOE cuts, from what I can tell it is still planned for 2011, there will certainly be a beta before then for all active current subsribers (that'll do wonders for their numbers!).

http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/gviptracker.php

Source is in there somewhere.

Soldato
Best game ever.

Cannot wait!

I can still remeber the music and the names of all the contienents and half the bases.
It was probably the most fun I have had in a computer game. hotdropping bases and towers, epic tank battles, ANT runs, cloaking, Maxes and the music.

Was just freaking awesome.

my name was iamgud back then. was Cr5 before you all. muahaha.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah iamgud :D I think it was you I squashed with my mossie once?

I was TR on Vent while you were on your Vanu character. From the few details I remember you were running cross country towards a tower. It just so happened I was in the general area and with that implant that shows names? I spotted you, hit the afterburner and squashed you :D

Might not have been you though :D But it was the funniest thing ever, especially the reaction of disbelief on Vent afterwards.

Soldato
Indeed, it was either vent or teamspeak :) I forget which now, nice try simonjphillips but right back at ya :D

I miss the good old days before they nerfed the physics engine, my deliverer driving was stuff of nightmares :D

I especially remember barrel rolling a full deliverer onto its roof where it promptly exploded :D much to everyones amusement.

Ah so many memories, mossie sniping with decimators? while they recharged at air towers :D

It goes to show you don't need ultra advanced photo realistic graphics and linear plot driven gameplay, the anti friendly fire/griefing system wasn't half bad either, I felt it had just the right amount of leeway.

Associate
C'moooooooon, if this was being released this year, surely there would be huge promotions about it by now? No chance imo for a 2011 release

They might release a screenshot in 2011...

Soldato
World War II Online is similar in that respect. I think quite a few WWII Online players also played Planetside.

Played PS for a while but got frustrated with the never ending nature of it. No-one ever won and logging off meant you would lose everything you had done that day. These were the early days of course, before they introduced tunnels et al.

For me, WWIIOL was a lot more satisfying. Same type of gameplay, better armour and flight models (which is where my heart is) but infantry action not as good. Most importantly, a resolution as either allied or axis won the map before a reset. Felt like you were working towards something.

PS will always have a fond place in my heart thoough, the freedom and group mechanics were unique at the time.

Soldato
2 responses:

1. Hi, I am not 'new' to the Planetside series because I have never played a Planetside game.

2. Hi, you must be new to elaborating on your own comments :D

Ah sorry :p

Sony's marketing for Planetside was abysmal. Most of the advertising that was actually done was by community members trying to get more people to play with.

So... yeah, not expecting anything from Sony on this.

Associate
Yeah, I can see it just being SOE going "Check out our screenshots of wireframes! Wheeeeeyyyyyyyy!"

Still though, really, REALLY looking forward to this. No other game compares when it comes to this scale of epic warfare. Let's hope it still recaptures that magic it had all them years back... :)

Back
Top Bottom