Vegetarian Ideas

Caporegime
I have not eaten meat for over 10 days now and have eaten really healthy food. I have not eaten cheese and have mainly had stir frys with curry sauce and Humous with seeded breads and chili's

Anyone have any simple vegie ideas to vary my diet a bit?

Cheers

Oh I hate quorn

Last edited:
Soldato
My eldest daughter daughter became veggie for a few years (she changed her mind when her mates did). One of the best things I remember making was feta cheese kebabs.

Pitta bread - toasted lightly so it opens easier.
Mixed salad - whatever you want.
Spring onion - shredded
Feta Cheese - diced
Garlic mayo, I made my own but you can buy it.
Japaleno relish, Branston do a passable one.

Quick and easy, just layer the salad, cheese and sauces in the pitta.

Soldato
Careful you don't end up not eating enough protein matey, going veggie can cause a lot of health problems if you're not sensible about it. If you're going down this route because you think it's healthier, you might want to revisit that.

Of course, if you're doing this on moral grounds then my above comment is probably by the by to you.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Careful you don't end up not eating enough protein matey, going veggie can cause a lot of health problems if you're not sensible about it. If you're going down this route because you think it's healthier, you might want to revisit that.

Of course, if you're doing this on moral grounds then my above comment is probably by the by to you.

You'd have to struggle to eat an unhealthy vegetarian diet. Vegans will have to careful but for veggies as long as you're eating a reasonable amount of dairy/eggs you'll be fine.

Caporegime
OP
Thanks for the suggestions.

I eat a lot of baked beans at the moment and kidney beans will be used for chilli's although I'm stuck what to replace the meat with?

Beans in general are good sources of protein no?

Soldato
Thanks for the suggestions.

I eat a lot of baked beans at the moment and kidney beans will be used for chilli's although I'm stuck what to replace the meat with?

Beans in general are good sources of protein no?

Generally beans are fine, they miss some proteins so make sure you eat a variety of pulses and nuts. Have to be a bit more careful if you aren't eating any dairy / eggs.

Caporegime
OP
I assume you eat eggs?

Tortillas can be awesome. Add any veg you like (Spanish potato tortilla is lovely).

Roast veg kebabs.

Do you eat fish?

I like eggs and theyare good for you so I have decided to carry on eating them.I like them boiled on top of savory rice with chinese curry sauce.

I have not eaten any fish and don't intend to for a couple of months at least.

I just want to slim down a bit and get healthy.

Caporegime
OP
its cheap so maybe you should, i thibnk a bag of qourn peices/chicken style peices is only 2 quid and many places usually have offers on

I still dont see the point of it though...I prefer just veg stuff rather than something trying to be meat.

Reminds me of eating cardboard when I hav a veggie spag bol at my sisters made with quorn mince.

Not good,

Soldato
If you have tried tofu, qourn then use more eggs, mushrooms and nuts to make up for the difference. Omelette, Nut roast :p and the like should help out a little. Stuffed butternut squash recipes can be good as well.

Associate
I have not eaten any fish and don't intend to for a couple of months at least.

I just want to slim down a bit and get healthy.

You aren't eating fish because you want to get thin & healthy, or you aren't eating it just out of choice?

If the former, I'd urge you to reconsider. Most fish is very low fat, and is massively good for you. Tis also cheap (assuming you buy the right stuff) and full of protein. Win win IMO :)

Caporegime
why arent you eating meat anyway? just because its fatty?

get a large bag of frozen ready cooked diced chicken :p

ive been eating a lot of
brown rice + sweetcorn (frozen bag) + diced chicken (ready cooked frozen) + half a tin of baked beans

all mixed together pretty healthy and tastes great :D

Caporegime
OP
You aren't eating fish because you want to get thin & healthy, or you aren't eating it just out of choice?

If the former, I'd urge you to reconsider. Most fish is very low fat, and is massively good for you. Tis also cheap (assuming you buy the right stuff) and full of protein. Win win IMO :)

I just decided not to eat anything with a face for a few months.

a. To get healthy
b. To experiment with new foods and ideas
c. To relieve boredom in the kitchen.
d. To rebalance my Karma

Caporegime
OP
why arent you eating meat anyway? just because its fatty?

get a large bag of frozen ready cooked diced chicken :p

ive been eating a lot of
brown rice + sweetcorn (frozen bag) + diced chicken (ready cooked frozen) + half a tin of baked beans

all mixed together pretty healthy and tastes great :D

It stays in your gut and intenstine for weeks rotting.

My bowl movements have increased and I fell less slugish and I have more energy. Just in 10 days

Back
Top Bottom