Excessive Use Of Auto-tune In Pop Music?

Associate
Personally i hate it, it's so overused nowadays and people are so used to it, it has become part of our (music) culture.

I just think of all the commercial contemporary 'RnB' that uses it now, it's got such a horrible sound.

I'm talking real 'abuse' of the auto-tune plugin here, small corrections to the vocalist pitch are bearable though better off without it if they can actually sing in the first place.

There's a good mini 'documentary' about auto-tune on youtube that's of interest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDqM5h8jQF4

Caporegime
I hate it. Listen to CSN or someone like Freddie Mercury singing live and you'll see what an embarrassment it is that singers rely on this rubbish nowadays.

someone must have autotuned freddy ima hit youtube up.

this would be freddie mercury if he grew up in the auto tune era

Soldato
I find it absolutely disgusting. I don't know if its just me, or if the general public just don't notice it, but to my ear its always really, really obvious when a note has been artificially pitch shifted into key, and it sounds thin, tinny and weak. Where its used intentionally i dont mind but every single song on the radio you get the odd lazy record where just a couple of off notes are shifted. It really bugs me :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
autotunes suposed to hide the flaws in a voice thats why pretty much every modern "singer" if you can even call them that anymore is weak compared to the greats like freddy mercury who sounded almost perfect even with no music playing.

its almost as if the music in modern "music" is designed to hide the crappy voice and autotune is the camo net, modern music seems to be more about apearance and the fake megastar aura the record companies promote because they are to lazy to find the real deal.

why find a really talented singer when you can grab an average good looking singer , flood them with autotune and spend loads of money on PR to project them as some epic megastar

Back
Top Bottom