The fiddy is here. It was worth the wait.

Permabanned
No I know your point of view, I'm just a geek and would love to see the temp read out as I rag. :p

I would find the temp fluctuations genuinely interesting. :/ :)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Does you dads one go off Jez?

Never has done when ive been in it, and he hasnt moaned about it. But to be honest its a company car so i doubt hed pay any interest in it anyway as theyd fix it if it was a problem on it.

Sounds like a mare though, glad i dont have them.

Man of Honour
AUC = a normal car with the BMW warranty included in the price, and better redress from the dealer when something goes wrong.

The rest really is as per buying from elsewhere - the prep standard leaves much to be desired.

I viewed two 330i's the other month - one had a big scrape on the bumper 'We'll get that fixed as part of the prep sir' and the other had defective front washers (They'd been glued shut! Not by the dealer I doubt, by the previous owner, but why wasnt that picked up before I found it?).

Just view them as you would any other car. It's a shame its like this because in theory they really should be the best of the best, but it seems the dealers often let the side down.

Soldato
Dont get me wrong i think its a great safety thing, but when it keeps messing up its another of those things you can easy do without like we did for the last 50 years by checking your tyres now and then.

And on my car its a pain in the arse to reset because you are supposed to drive 16 miles or more once you reset it, well i only want a paper most mornings, i dont want to turn it into a marathon 16 mile epic, then have the poxy thing lighting up again 8 speed bumps later.

And its not even worth taking it in to get it looked at because my old one did it, my partners one does it, its just a bad design.

Does you dads one go off Jez?

Same thing on the S Class, supposed to go for a 15 min drive to get it calibrated.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Swings and roundabouts mate, the house pictured in Rilots post is probably worth more than a 5000sq ft with a pool over there ;) Plenty of saving to spend the extra £45k on the car.

haha, just looked at that site some more, one of my mercs is worth over AUS$120k! Ouch.

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
People say that about aussie property, but didn't a guy recently moan about the fact his house cost ~£400k equivalent, only for us to realise that it was about 6000sq ft in size? :D

Soldato
People say that about aussie property, but didn't a guy recently moan about the fact his house cost ~£400k equivalent, only for us to realise that it was about 6000sq ft in size? :D

Yes but Australia is huge and "location, location, location" still applies. Sure, big houses in Regional Australia are "cheap", just like you can buy a house in the North of England for £30k.

Normal size houses in cities in Australia average well into 7 figures! My rent in Melbourne and in Regional Australia have been higher than my rent in Dublin (which is well known for its high prices!)

Check it out for yourself - http://www.realestate.com.au

Caporegime
Rilot, attatch a stealth cam to your head when you go to the dealers, "Rilots Riot", could go down well on Youtube..... :D

I hope you get a result from the dealer - no blood on the carpet.....

Back
Top Bottom