SteelSeries 7G space bar.

Associate
Hi folks,

Bought a SteelSeries 7G on the 13th of April, and I'm loving the keyboard apart from the space bar. When I got it, it was a little wobbly on one side but not too bad, but as I've used it it has become really quite wobbly and hard to press down at the edge.

Is this a common problem with them? Is it the space bar or a problem with the board itself? I took it off and couldn't see anything different on either side.

I e-mailed SteelSeries asking this, but thought I'd put it here as well.

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Well, this is annoying.

Got an e-mail from SteelSeries saying they'd ship me a 'replacement part' (I'm assuming they mean a space bar) if I send them $7.50 via PayPal :mad:

£100 for a keyboard and they won't even ship me a free replacement part a couple of weeks after I buy the damn thing :mad:

Caporegime
Well, this is annoying.

Got an e-mail from SteelSeries saying they'd ship me a 'replacement part' (I'm assuming they mean a space bar) if I send them $7.50 via PayPal :mad:

£100 for a keyboard and they won't even ship me a free replacement part a couple of weeks after I buy the damn thing :mad:

If it's only 2 weeks old you should get it replaced under the warranty by the retailer you bought it from.

Associate
OP
If it's only 2 weeks old you should get it replaced under the warranty by the retailer you bought it from.

It was from Overclockers. They don't have any stock though.

I sent the guy dealing with my query an e-mail back saying I didn't want to pay extra when I'd already paid £100 for the keyboard and shipping, and he agreed to send me a replacement space bar free of charge. We shall see if that helps.

Caporegime
It was from Overclockers. They don't have any stock though.

I sent the guy dealing with my query an e-mail back saying I didn't want to pay extra when I'd already paid £100 for the keyboard and shipping, and he agreed to send me a replacement space bar free of charge. We shall see if that helps.

Hopefully it's the spacebar and not the keyboard itself which is at fault.

Associate
I have a similar problem with the space bar on mine. Sometimes it doesn't register the key press, and I have to press it down rather attentively for it to register. When I take if off, I see that the two '+' side supports are kind of reverse spring loaded. That is, at rest they are both fully down, and when I pull one up, the other comes up. I can see a metal bar connecting them both. I'm not sure but I think those '+' supports should be up by default, so they should be pressing the space bar up.

I'm going to see if I can take it apart and get them to be springy this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom