Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
How the hell do you beat the level 1 boss on drag racing?!

Note that the bosses don't change until you beat them, eg you could do the level 1 boss with a level 7 car, and win it by a country mile, so just upgrade away and keep trying it every so often :p

I was playing this on the way to work yesterday. Very addictive :D But when's the best time to use NOS? High revs? At the start? :confused:

I aim for as soon as I stop wheelspinning, so at the start, later on it seems to give far less benefit...

Associate
Thanks for that. I didn't know the bosses stayed the same! I was getting fed up with my car levelling up before I could beat the boss.

Anybody got anymore tips? Getting good starts etc.

Associate
I aim for as soon as I stop wheelspinning, so at the start, later on it seems to give far less benefit...

^^This I find.

Started playing this game about 3 weeks ago but havn't touched it for a week or so. Too much grinding :p One piece of advice though is to buy the lambo and tune it up as close as possible to level 7 without actually getting to level 7. Over 1/4 mile nobody will beat you. Easy rep gain :D Not sure if the new update changes that though.

Currently been playing Trial X. Awesome game for 60p! And X Plane 9 now it has the new update.

Soldato
Anyone used tTorrent? Looks like the best Android torrent client around, unless anyone has a better recommendation.

Yep, it's decent. Download speeds are pretty much what they are on my laptop when on wifi and you can search on isohunt, piratebay, btjunkie, mininova, kickasstorrents and extratorrent.

Thanks for that. I didn't know the bosses stayed the same! I was getting fed up with my car levelling up before I could beat the boss.

Anybody got anymore tips? Getting good starts etc.

With a lot of cars, when you get to higher levels at least, I find skipping a gear or 2 at the beginning makes you a lot faster. With the black ferrari I was going straight to 3rd and getting better starts than with proper gear changes.

Soldato
^^This I find.

Started playing this game about 3 weeks ago but havn't touched it for a week or so. Too much grinding :p One piece of advice though is to buy the lambo and tune it up as close as possible to level 7 without actually getting to level 7. Over 1/4 mile nobody will beat you. Easy rep gain :D Not sure if the new update changes that though.

Currently been playing Trial X. Awesome game for 60p! And X Plane 9 now it has the new update.

Hw do you know what level your car is at? Stupid question no doubt;)

Soldato
I did exactly the same.

Is there any way to back up the data if you haven't rooted?

Edit: I used this to back up my current Rio save. Uninstalled Angry Birds Rio, then installed from the market, restored the save using the app above. It restored the bananas and pineapples too, Job's a good'n.

That's what I used to back it up too - trouble is that I can't download it from the market :( I can have it installed with no market entry, or I can not have it at all lol

It'll download, but it won't install (says there's no room but I know there is! It lies!)

On a different note, loving Drag Racing!! Just bought the black 599 :) upgrading the **** out of it now :D

As for my techinque etc, I start with no revs, instantly changing up to 2nd, then perfect shift all the way - hit N2O (where available) as soon as I change up to 3rd and 9/10 times I'll win by miles :) (online against same car that is)

Though strangely, I'm struggling to beat the level 3 1/2 mile boss :-/ lol

Last edited:
Associate
Just want to point out a new app I've found. Sugarsync, works similiar to Dropbox, but you get 5gb free, and you can sync directly to the SD card, rather than having to go into the app and select the files to download.

Got it set up last night, and it's just finished getting all my work documents, and seems to sync them fine back to my PC.

Soldato
^^ That lets you browse your computer for files you want, then let you bring them over to your phone?? Sounds like just what I've been looking for!

Gonna give it a test run now :)

Thanks for sharing!

*note*
The "Get a free 5GB account" link is pretty well hidden down the bottom of the page under the 'downloads' heading (they don't make it that obvious that there's a free ;) lol

>edit<
Not quite what I thought it did, but still good :)

Last edited:
Associate
How can I customise the small bar that sits at the bottom middle, has on it phone, apps, internet icon? Is there an app that would let me change the colour, ideally I want it transparent or do I need a custom skin?

I've only been using Android for a week & running Revoltion 5.1.3 no sense if that makes any difference

edit - OK so it seems the thing I am referring is called the Dock, would launcher pro be what i need?

Last edited:
Associate
^^ That lets you browse your computer for files you want, then let you bring them over to your phone?? Sounds like just what I've been looking for!

Gonna give it a test run now :)

Thanks for sharing!

*note*
The "Get a free 5GB account" link is pretty well hidden down the bottom of the page under the 'downloads' heading (they don't make it that obvious that there's a free ;) lol

>edit<
Not quite what I thought it did, but still good :)

Yeah, took me a while to find the link as well. What do you want it to do?

I have it set up to automatically sync my documents folder, then that syncs to my SD card, which means anything on my PC is then on my phone.

Soldato
I just want a program that'll let me browse the files on my computer and save them to my phone as required

I have loads of files scattered all over the place - I know I need to organise them better, but it'd take more time than I have in a day :(

Is there anything that'll let me do this?

Unified Remote will let me browse my files/folders but anything I click on will only open on the PC, it doesn't have a 'download' or 'save' option unfortunately

I have Samba, but that only works as to view the phone contents on the PC, not vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom