Laptop Upgrade - Fastest Processor

Associate
I currently have Toshiba Satellite Pro L40 laptop which has an Intel Celeron M 440 processor (Socket M).

I am trying to work out the fastest processor that I can upgrade too. The motherboard chipset is I943/940GML and after a bit of research i have discovered that I need to stick to processors which have a 533MHz FSB.

I am now having trouble trying to determine whether the chipset will support core 2 duo or core duo cpu's.

Has anyone upgraded a laptop with this chipset or have an idea what the fastest processor is that it will support?

Soldato
A T2700 would be the best CPU you can physically fit (see comparison here). Your chipset should support it fine, just depends on the BIOS mostly.

I upgraded my old Acer laptop from a single core AMD to a dual core, it's very easy to do.

Associate
Either look at the highest model in the range, or look at the chipset/bios/cpu socket.

i have a very old laptop so i dont even know where the highest model info would be. When i do get the chipset/bios/socket info, is it just the same as with PCs about what cpu can be fitted? Or is there extra to be account ie clearance inside the case etc?

Back
Top Bottom