****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Soldato
Hows some of you getting Widgets so close to each other? I seem to only manage to have quite large adjustment boxes which means there not right next to each other on the screen.

Cheers.

Associate
Any able to give me a hand. Download Gun Bros and play for a bit. Does it hang every 5-10 seconds for a split second?
I'm pretty sure im being paranoid but after yesterday when it got really hot, the device doesn't seem as silky smooth as it was, its still smooth but from what i remember not as smooth as it was :(

I haven't been able to get it as hot or even near what it got to yesterday.

Ok its not 5-10 seconds but there is a noticeable jump every now and again.

Well now the menus aren't smooth at all. I guess somethings wrong :(

Last edited:
Associate
What's the best way to care for the Li-on battery?

With older batteries, i used to drain them completely before re-charging. I'm sure i've read somewhere that with li-on this can shorting the life and you should charge it, ideally as often as possible... any views please?

Waz

Waz

Associate
Does anyone else have a screen with uneven brightness? On mine the left side of the screen is not only less bright but seems to have a slight yellow tint to it. This is the first device I've owned with an OLED display of any type so I'm not sure if this is a common thing or not.

Soldato
Ive been playing around with Kies air this morning, very handy

However when i try and connect with a usb cable it says the phone is in the wrong mode and cont connect.

Its definitely not in usb storage mode when i try it but i cant find the setting on the phone to change to kies mode, anyone know?

Last edited:

Waz

Waz

Associate
Ive been playing around with Kies air this morning, very handy

However when i try and connect with a usb cable it says the phone is in the wrong mode and cont connect.

Its definitely not in usb storage mode when i try it but i cant find the setting on the phone to change to kies mode, anyone know?

Not sure if it's related to your issue but I found that if the screen turned off while Kies was detecting the phone it would result in Kies failing to find it. Although it seems that this would only occur if I used a password for the lock screen.

Mine defaults to Kies mode on mine when I connect it via USB, I have to select mass storage mode before connecting in order for it to appear as a mass storage device. After disconnecting the next time I plug in the USB cable it goes back into Kies mode, so there may be some sort of issue with yours.

Associate
I'm about to order one of these from 02 & have registered with Topcashback to get the £90 cashback. I intend to go for the £27 pm 300 mins/500MB internet/unlimited texts + £50 for the handset.

I have held off buying what will be my first ever smartphone awaiting the right one to come on the market. I had thought of waiting a bit longer for the HTC Sensation but just comparing the two phones in terms of spec & the Samsung just seems superior.

Just wanted to ask for some advice on buying online - anything I need to watch out for using TCB or ordering directly through the 02 site?

Many thanks.

Associate
I'm about to order one of these from 02 & have registered with Topcashback to get the £90 cashback. I intend to go for the £27 pm 300 mins/500MB internet/unlimited texts + £50 for the handset.

I have held off buying what will be my first ever smartphone awaiting the right one to come on the market. I had thought of waiting a bit longer for the HTC Sensation but just comparing the two phones in terms of spec & the Samsung just seems superior.

Just wanted to ask for some advice on buying online - anything I need to watch out for using TCB or ordering directly through the 02 site?

Many thanks.

I deleted all my cookies, checked tracking using their tracking checker then ordered. If your card gets declined which mine was don't ask them to push it through on the phone do it online again otherwise it won't track. Took around 4 days to track for me.

Back
Top Bottom