The Manny Pacquiao thread

Soldato
MMA is, for me, dull and tedious.

If I want to watch people grappling on the floor in a ruck I can take my pick of numerous city centres on a weekend.

Each to their own hd but when it comes to pure skill and discipline, some might say boxing owns MMA.

I have never seen a fight go to the ground in town?! Just dudes throwing wild drunken haymakers.

I think for me, what ruined boxing was the idea that take away the arbitrary rules and a boxer would get destroyed by any half competent kick boxer, let alone an MMA fighter.

You speak like someone who doesn't understand what grappling is, it is far more technical than boxing for one.

The fact that these guys are at the top of their game and one of the fighters could refuse to fight and still survive in such a fashion is ridiculous.

Soldato
I do find it frustrating the way boxers just hold on/duck under a punch and clinch and try to regroup and let the ref step in.

It ends up being quite slow and dull! A good boxing match is brilliant but so often I am left feeling a bit disappointed by it.

The sheer amount of money as well is stupid, Manny got 20m for that fight and it was rubbish :s

I recorded this last night as well and I had right up to the fight and like the first round and then nothing! Happened to flick over to sky and see a repeat from the 7th onwards. Quite annoying :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I think for me, what ruined boxing was the idea that take away the arbitrary rules and a boxer would get destroyed by any half competent kick boxer, let alone an MMA fighter.

Take away the rules from MMA and they'd all be shot by a gun.

MMA is probably 75% boxing nowadays anyway. From what I've seen of it recently.

That's not boxin m8 its standin n bangin y0 :rolleyes:

GAC

GAC

Soldato
as far as mma or boxing being better, id rather watch K1 over both of them as its less messing about and more fighting.

Soldato
Just got to see the fight properly now. I had Manny winning every round quite easily, Mosley was in reverse most the fight. Glad I didn't stay up for it though, very poor show by Mosley once again.

Caporegime
Take away the rules from MMA and they'd all be shot by a gun.

That's not boxin m8 its standin n bangin y0 :rolleyes:

yeah lets take away all the rules, lmao.

stand and bang now replaced with, crouch and shoot

add ground fighting in and all you need to do is get a takedown and lie on top of the guy for the whole fight.

Back
Top Bottom